Value of: Killorn to the Avs

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
see killer gettin 3 years at 3.75 million...

carle is bought out tomorrow

we are working on other moves

next year is bigger question and big fish would be bishop

others out filppula once namestnikov proves is ready for his role fully

then we will move garrison and coburn if/when needed

we are looking for rh d guy power play puck moving d man who is right aged salary etc..

core group expansion

is probably

stamkos
kucherov
palat
johnson
drouin
killorn
(callahan)
7 forwards
3 d are
hedman
stralman
koekkoek

goalie vasilevskiy

is a question if can work on something with bishop if so would think at very least we buy out callahan next year move the rest mentioned

killorn has been major clutch in playoffs so think he stays

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wouldn't be surprised to see Carle bought out and Filppula traded (for peanuts or less) in the next 24 hours.

Mind you, I think we'd listen on Killorn. I just don't think we'd sell him cheap unless absolutely forced to.

sayheykid

Jun 12, 2010
Ugh, I think he'd be available for the right piece(s) but I'd hate to lose Killer. All he does is show up huge in the biggest spots.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ugh, I think he'd be available for the right piece(s) but I'd hate to lose Killer. All he does is show up huge in the biggest spots.

I think you speak for us all.

Mediocre regular season player. Excellent post-season player. That's the kind of guy who usually comes at a bargain, contract-wise. We're just so strapped right now...

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The Lightning only have ~9.3M to re-sign Kucherov, Killorn, Namestnikov & Nesterov. Without clearing salary, it seems to me Killorn is the odd man out. What would it take from the Avs? Am I completely off base? Mitchell could be a part of it as a cheap replacement.

Dealing Bishop clears the space, his value is a pick in the 10-20 range though. He will probably sign cheaper

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Dealing Bishop clears the space, his value is a pick in the 10-20 range though. He will probably sign cheaper

If just keep bishop this year and let him walk as a ufa next year go for the cup. As for Killorn carle buyout coming so I think they resign Killorn

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Carle 1.8m of his 5.5 will still count to the cap
Killorn's 3.75
Names 2
Nesterov .9
Kucherov 6

and Lightning are still .6 million over the cap.

Makes sense to move killorn so TBY are not up against the Cap

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Killorn's 3.75
Names 2
Nesterov .9
Kucherov 6

condra warms the bench 2 more years at 1.25 million have replacements ready

waive him 900k saved if picked up someone does us a favor

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
The Lightning only have ~9.3M to re-sign Kucherov, Killorn, Namestnikov & Nesterov. Without clearing salary, it seems to me Killorn is the odd man out. What would it take from the Avs? Am I completely off base? Mitchell could be a part of it as a cheap replacement.

Don't really need a cheap replacement, it would be more to make room for someone else in the minors. Think picks or prospects rather than roster players in this situation.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Killorn's 3.75
Names 2
Nesterov .9
Kucherov 6

Thats being nice... Killer probably gets closer to 4.5, Kuch closer to 7. Nesterov I wouldn't mind letting go though the savings are minimal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Most like Bishop gets traded and Dallas would be a good trading partner, Carle will be probably bought out today. And i could see Yzermen try and deal Filppula as well. Tampa should be fine i would imagine that Killorn would be a last ditch effort if need be.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Most like Bishop gets traded and Dallas would be a good trading partner, Carle will be probably bought out today. And i could see Yzermen try and deal Filppula as well. Tampa should be fine i would imagine that Killorn would be a last ditch effort if need be.

Garrison might also be a possibility. I'd rather move JG before Killorn personally. To trade Garrison would majorly suck but Tampa's scoring depth has been more than suspect the past 2 years, especially in the playoffs. Losing Killorn would only make it worse.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'd love to have him. Don't know how we'd fit him under the cap without shipping salary back which seems to defeat the purpose on TB's end.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Garrison might also be a possibility. I'd rather move JG before Killorn personally. To trade Garrison would majorly suck but Tampa's scoring depth has been more than suspect the past 2 years, especially in the playoffs. Losing Killorn would only make it worse.

...and move Nesterov, Koekkoek, and Sustr into those minutes? I'm not sure thats a good idea.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
...and move Nesterov, Koekkoek, and Sustr into those minutes? I'm not sure thats a good idea.

That's a bit over-simplifying the issue. Tampa was fine without Stralman, who's undoubtedly a more valuable player than Jason. Losing Garrison sucks but the team plays a very responsible defensive system as a whole. They can overcome the loss of a dman not named Hedman. I'll say it again though, the real trouble is coming from the lack of scoring depth. To lose Killorn will only make it worse.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Wouldn't be surprised to see Carle bought out and Filppula traded (for peanuts or less) in the next 24 hours.

Mind you, I think we'd listen on Killorn. I just don't think we'd sell him cheap unless absolutely forced to.

Was Carle put on waivers?

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Love the way he plays the game. Would think he would be a great leader for the kids to follow. What would be the ask Tampa fans being that you guys are close to the cap? Pick and prospect?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yeah it wouldn't shock me in the least if JG wasn't in play, Though i would really hate to see it. He's been pretty steady for the Bolts since the Vancouver trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad