Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Have binged-watched to the end of Season 3 in a week. lol... Not sure how I missed this one.

Another one that I enjoyed and seems to have slipped way under the radar is Quarry.

I wish more people would watch it. It's crazy to me that it's not one of those critically acclaimed show in the mainstream, like say Breaking Bad or whatever. People don't realize what an amazing show they're missing out on. It's revolutionary stuff, seriously. The way it is shot, the storyline and how its presented, it's all so amazing and completely different from any other show I've ever watched. And it's super relevant today, hell Mr. Robot was able to basically predict world events before they happened. I recommend it to everyone I know haha.

Reactions: Laodongxi

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
@Drivesaitl Give The Wire a chance, it can take a few episodes but once it hits you, you'll be hooked. It is less a cop show than True Detective even is, imo, lots of time spent on industry, the inner city drug trade, city hall, etc. It sometimes almost feels like you are watching a documentary.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I always hear this and watched the first 3 seasons and thought it was a good show but I still don't get the hype

not sure what separates it so much

Yeah, it's a great show but I also don't think it's necessarily the best show ever or anything like that. It's good and I recently re-watched it but I don't see the separation from other great shows. Definitely worth a watch though.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Time to move to madagascar
tumblr_m73k04RJT91r5prdpo1_400.jpg

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
We binge watched 3 seasons of money Heist before this...
Thought it was pretty entertaining. New one was supposed to come out beginning of April.

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Would anyone be interested in an online Oilers trivia night? I am using a program called gimkit with my students and it could be used for us to have a fun trivia contest. If there is interest I can start building a test bank.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Trying to convince my wife to watch the Summit Series DVD set...
Not having a terrible lot of good feedback.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Would anyone be interested in an online Oilers trivia night? I am using a program called gimkit with my students and it could be used for us to have a fun trivia contest. If there is interest I can start building a test bank.

What a teacher thing to say, haha.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I was going through my unplayed video games pile, and threw in Last of Us forgetting it was about a pandemic lol. Not in the mood.

Reactions: tardigrade81

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Trying to convince my wife to watch the Summit Series DVD set...
Not having a terrible lot of good feedback.

have you tried offering her times of great praise and admiration if she shall take part in indulging of this country's great days of yore?

or of services of which can not be mentioned on a family friendly website, which indulges in discussion of great tradition which spawned from this country's great days of yore???

Reactions: BlackDogg

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
We binge watched 3 seasons of Bank Heist before this...
Thought it was pretty entertaining. New one was supposed to come out beginning of April.

I haven’t seen the show, but you’re talking about Money Heist right?

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Have binged-watched to the end of Season 3 in a week. lol... Not sure how I missed this one.

Another one that I enjoyed and seems to have slipped way under the radar is Quarry.

Super annoying how they cancelled Quarry. Banshee/Strike Back are other shows that needs to be watched if you're an action fan.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Super annoying how they cancelled Quarry. Banshee/Strike Back are other shows that needs to be watched if you're an action fan.

Different genre, but The Knick was also incredibly good. Soderbergh absolutely directed the shit out of that show.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
If any of you PC gaming nerds are looking for something free to play, there's a handful of quality titles available on a variety of platforms. I have no idea why the first three links auto-convert to media tags, but they are free for a limited time despite displaying their regular prices on the link.

Save 100% on Drawful 2 on Steam
Save 100% on Deiland on Steam
Save 100% on GOAT OF DUTY on Steam

Watch Dogs - Standard Edition
The Stanley Parable

Epic Games have free pc games every week for everyone's info.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I’ve been personally playing the shit out of World of Tanks.

If anyone here has played that game you know how infuriating it can be. That being said the x5 experience multiplier and free 2 weeks for premium time are nice, but they also attract the really bad WoT players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad