Killing Time Thread: Movies, Music, etc. Anything SFW That Kills Time Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I recently discovered Ed Bassmaster. I find every YouTube "prankster" to be obnoxious, but this guy is different. Truly a talented comedic actor.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
CBC radio is making some cuts & adjustments and I guess Randy Bachman's wonderful rock & roll show "Vinyl Tap" is being reviewed.

IMHO- its the best radio show CBC has ever had (I have been listening for decades) so if you agree then can you please leave your comments at 1-866-306-4636 or you can visit the facebook or twitter sites.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
The tale of old man corcoran has a damn depressing twist in the end.
I always found they did. Or most of them anyway! They would have a clever 6th sense type ending to them. I’m sure I would appreciate it much more now that I’m older and could understand it better lol.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Watched this for the first time when I was 10 or 11. Scared the living crap out of me. My wife and I watch it every Halloween. :)

mm2eKgB.jpg

Reactions: tardigrade81

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Watched this for the first time when I was 10 or 11. Scared the living crap out of me. My wife and I watch it every Halloween. :)

mm2eKgB.jpg

By the time I was 12, I had most likely watched over 200 horrors. Every Saturday night my parents would allow me to invite friends over for a movie night, and a horror was always one of the rentals. By the time I first watched this around 15, I had become very desensitized to horror, so this has very little affect on me. Sames goes for the original Halloween.

I was 17 the first time I watched Carpenter's Halloween. My buddy and I invited two girls over from school to watch it. We were all bored.

I do not have anything against these movies, for they paved the way for the genre; however, I would not place them anywhere near the scariest movies in my experience.

I did watch Rosemary's Baby for the first time a couple months ago. Now that movie scared the crap out of me.

Reactions: Dorian2

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is anyone bored as shit and want to come over and help me box up about 1,000 diecast airplanes?

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
To this day, The Blair Witch Project remains my favourite horror movie of all-time. The buzz surrounding the film was so large, my fellow elementary classmates were talking about it, simply due to their marketing tactics.

A few of my more recent favourites from the horror genre are:

The Conspiracy (shocking)

The Green Room

Train to Busan

Kill List
Kill List Official Trailer #1 (2012) HD

Edit: one of the stars of Kill List starred in a British series titled Utopia. I do not have the words to describe the show other than it is amazing.

Utopia Series 1 - Trailer

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'll assume there are a few Rob Zombie film fans here then. I took my 10 year old daughter (at the time) to Blockbuster. Told her to pick anything she wanted. She came back with this. I rented it but didn't let her watch it.

fJ2P1EI.jpg

She got to watch the 2nd rental.

JQu7Mgh.jpg

I highly recommend both.

Reactions: McFuhryous

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Depending on the person it maybe cheaper to pay them :lol: Are you big time into aviation?

True.

Yea I am a big plane nut. I have a huge collection of civilian and military diecast aircraft. Boxing up most of my military and converting to civilian airliners for a bit now. Should take a month to complete. Sort of a Covid project. Plus I need to dust the shelves.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad