OT: Kill it. Kill it with fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I don't know what celly means. I rarely look up slang lingo. I look at it this way .... If I don't know what you typed, it's obviously not important enough to have me research it so I can carry on a convo with you. :dunno:

If it's in a text, I'll stop the conversation continuously to clarify whats typed. Eventually the guilty party starts texting better.

Now get off my snows almost all gone yellow lawn!

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Or you know, maybe the old dog doesn't want to be brought down to the new dogs level? :laugh:

:laugh:
The slang gets a little excessive. A junior hockey locker room can sound completely nonsensical to an outsider.

It took me a while to figure out why Quennville kept shouting "PEANUTBUTTER!" On 24/7 road to the winter classic.
Yet another term for top shelf...

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I don't know yet, but no it's not cardiac.

I had a bad abdominal issue a week ago and my doc thinks it's probably gallstone related. I actually have an ultrasound tomorrow to confirm if that's it or it's something else.

So I have to try and stay away in general from fatty foods, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, spicy things, you know, all of the good stuff.

Hang in there Afino. That is all the good stuff...

I had barbecue tonight. Midtown barbecue Charlotte NC 1401 central avenue.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I never though Dinosaur was anything special, even though people talk about it like it's some legendary place. I've been there probably 4-5 times, and the only thing I ever remember is the pink lemonade.
Agreed. The Flintstones set the bar too high. It's good, but that makes sense because it's pretty hard to screw up meat and bbq.

Clock

May 13, 2006
I really don't love "Lion King" that much. Opening scene is great, sure, Jeremy Irons is also great, but...

Never got over the part where Simba grows up (oh good, it's not Home Improvement kid anymore!), he's a badass Lion now, and to reflect that, his voice is now... Matthew Broderick? What a misstep.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
I really don't love "Lion King" that much. Opening scene is great, sure, Jeremy Irons is also great, but...

Never got over the part where Simba grows up (oh good, it's not Home Improvement kid anymore!), he's a badass Lion now, and to reflect that, his voice is now... Matthew Broderick? What a misstep.

Liam Neeson would have been much better.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Liam Neeson would have been much better.

He would've been. Just not someone with such a nasal voice, at least.

I'm sorry, but James Earl Jones' genes don't allow a Matthew Broderick voice. ANY sort of immersion that I had in that movie was completely depleted the second he opened his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad