KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Avangard, Avto and Dynamo(M) loading up so far. SKA is in for a tougher ride I hope. CSKA is in a skid. Keeping Nikitin and losing some guys won't help.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
That's a great signing for any KHL team.
Yes, Virta is clever guy. He will get a fair chance in the KHL, he will play. I am sure, a club told him so. Another situation is the NHL as many examples show. The NHL club says you how good you are, that you will play the NHL and all fairy tales. Shipachyov and goalie Machovský are great examples. Machovský said to Czech media that it was a big mistake to sign in the NHL last summer. They promised him to skate him in the NHL, but since day 1 it was clear they do not want to do it. Why did they lie to him? If he chose the NHL, he would be a starter. And within a few years, if good, he could move to the NHL with stronger position in the depth chart. People complain about SKA, how many players they have under contract. OK, but look at the NHL ... they have so many players under contract too, but only a few skate in the NHL. No reason to keep them in lower or junior leagues.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yes, Virta is clever guy. He will get a fair chance in the KHL, he will play. I am sure, a club told him so. Another situation is the NHL as many examples show. The NHL club says you how good you are, that you will play the NHL and all fairy tales. Shipachyov and goalie Machovský are great examples. Machovský said to Czech media that it was a big mistake to sign in the NHL last summer. They promised him to skate him in the NHL, but since day 1 it was clear they do not want to do it. Why did they lie to him? If he chose the NHL, he would be a starter. And within a few years, if good, he could move to the NHL with stronger position in the depth chart. People complain about SKA, how many players they have under contract. OK, but look at the NHL ... they have so many players under contract too, but only a few skate in the NHL. No reason to keep them in lower or junior leagues.

The players are playing there because they want to play in the NHL and they are not there because of their ranking in the teams depth charts. Some guys have to work their way up. For example, Mikko Koivu and Mikael Granlund had to work their way up from AHL first before they became regulars for the Wild.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The players are playing there because they want to play in the NHL and they are not there because of their ranking in the teams depth charts. Some guys have to work their way up. For example, Mikko Koivu and Mikael Granlund had to work their way up from AHL first before they became regulars for the Wild.
Would be cool if you try to understand the post you are replying to. I will help you - there is a big difference if Radulov/Tarasenko/Sorokin or Tolvanen go to the NHL and if Machovsky and co. NHL club will give more opportunities to Radulov´s type of player than Machovsky´s. Hope, you get it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Would be cool if you try to understand the post you are replying to. I will help you - there is a big difference if Radulov/Tarasenko/Sorokin or Tolvanen go to the NHL and if Machovsky and co. NHL club will give more opportunities to Radulov´s type of player than Machovsky´s. Hope, you get it.

I wasn't replying to the whole post, hence why I bolded a part that failed to understand the big picture and replied to that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Oh my god, enough with this whining about how bad the NHL is, this is KHL board.

Dahlbeck and Slepyshev signings confirmed by CSKA.

O'Connor obviously has ties in Kazakhstan but playing in the KHL will be a huge challenge for him.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Kiselevich to Florida on a 1-year, one-way deal.
That guy is clever, going to the NHL with ONE-WAY deal, not like tons of Russians/Euros with two-way deals.

And an example of stupid guy is Nikita Korostelev who left Russia as 14y old to come back as 21y old with TRY-OUT deal.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That guy is clever, going to the NHL with ONE-WAY deal, not like tons of Russians/Euros with two-way deals.

And an example of stupid guy is Nikita Korostelev who left Russia as 14y old to come back as 21y old with TRY-OUT deal.

You do know that many of those deals are determined by the CBA?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kiselevich says "hello"

Ah the page I read it from only referenced NA players.

This is the accurate version.
The exception to the 25 or older rule is for players that were drafted outside of North America. Those players that sign from 25 to 27 are subject to a one-year ELC.

But let's be reality, no European NHL level talent is going to wait until 28 to sign. And NHL won't wait on signing players that long because they only hold the rights for 4 years.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
@Jussi

You have been at the Board for 16 years. You should know what we are talking about. If you do not, try to hire a guy who will help you with understanding of the issue.

The point is, do not go to CAN/US junior leagues, because if you are drafted out of the CHL, you are sticked in juniors forever. You can find many such stories if you wish.

Do not sign with the NHL as U20-23 if they offer you to try the AHL route. If they offer you a NHL spot, go for it.

Play in Europe as long as possible to develop. And go to the NHL as a ready player, even later. The NHL will ALWAYS wait for you as many examples have shown. And when you come, you will play the NHL, not lower leagues.

Do not listen to your parents and some agents. The gave you a bad advice in 90% of cases.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
@Jussi

You have been at the Board for 16 years. You should know what we are talking about. If you do not, try to hire a guy who will help you with understanding of the issue.

The point is, do not go to CAN/US junior leagues, because if you are drafted out of the CHL, you are sticked in juniors forever. You can find many such stories if you wish.

Do not sign with the NHL as U20-23 if they offer you to try the AHL route. If they offer you a NHL spot, go for it.

Play in Europe as long as possible to develop. And go to the NHL as a ready player, even later. The NHL will ALWAYS wait for you as many examples have shown. And when you come, you will play the NHL, not lower leagues.

Do not listen to your parents and some agents. The gave you a bad advice in 90% of cases.

The post I quoted mentioned NHL one way and two way deals, did it not? That was what I replied to. There was no mention of any junior leagues. You're just trying to deflect that you had no full knowledge of the NHL CBA. If you you were trying to make a point about junior leagues then you should've mentioned it. As far taking advice, the least any player should take advice is from internet message boards. They are wrong 99% of the time, you being a prime example. ;) Parents and agents are who they should take advice from, especially when they're under 18. Then make their own decisions.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The post I quoted mentioned NHL one way and two way deals, did it not? That was what I replied to. There was no mention of any junior leagues. You're just trying to deflect that you had no full knowledge of the NHL CBA. If you you were trying to make a point about junior leagues then you should've mentioned it. As far taking advice, the least any player should take advice is from internet message boards. They are wrong 99% of the time, you being a prime example. ;) Parents and agents are who they should take advice from, especially when they're under 18. Then make their own decisions.
Do you really want to play the "game" you will loose?

My post #990 started the discussion. The post is clear for long-term HFB´s user as you. It is not a coincidence I mentioned Korostelev in the post. When you replaying you need to get the context, you failed in this case.

You said the NHL teams hold the rights for 4 years. That is not true if taking into account the original post which was about Russians and Euros. The NHL holds rights for Russians (if drafted from Russian team) for a longer period than 4 years. By saying this, you want to lecture me?

Hats off if you consider the CHL route for Euros as a good advice.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Do you really want to play the "game" you will loose?

My post #990 started the discussion. The post is clear for long-term HFB´s user as you. It is not a coincidence I mentioned Korostelev in the post. When you replaying you need to get the context, you failed in this case.

You said the NHL teams hold the rights for 4 years. That is not true if taking into account the original post which was about Russians and Euros. The NHL holds rights for Russians (if drafted from Russian team) for a longer period than 4 years. By saying this, you want to lecture me?

Hats off if you consider the CHL route for Euros as a good advice.

You do understand that people bold the part they're replying to? I was not discussing Korostelev.

Yes, I am fully aware of the fact rights to Russians are held longer currently, but that may change in the next CBA. I was talking about Europeans.

As I've always said, you cannot bunch individual players tohgether when talking about their development. What for for other may not work for someone else, that's life. For example Olli Määttä benefitted greatly from playing with one the best CHL clubs where as Tommi Kivistö played on one of the worst teams at the time and did not develop much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad