KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
I agree with you. He lost all of his speed and intensity.. He is himself dellusional, before the season claiming that he is still better than some of the young guys in the league. If only he could see himself play, he looked like a lazy beer leaguer out there - a joke. He stopped moving his feet, just coasted. Jagr and Selanne can still do it because they got the intensity, the conditioning and the speed.... Kovy had none of that left, he was abysmal in every aspect.

Should have tried to pick up a job while in Atlant

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
who knows? Lev has Popperle for next season, who knows if Stepanek resigns. Kovar has been lured to KHL for 2-3 yrs. NHL is option as well, but Flyers have goalies.

Avangard and Metallurg are usually good at luring Czechs, although they have netminders too.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Avangard and Metallurg are usually good at luring Czechs, although they have netminders too.

both scouts G Salak in Elitserien. Ramo from Avangard will be RFA, if I know, in offseason.. who knows if resigns. Avangard does not have another no.1 goalie, only young backup Reizvikh. Both goalies of Magnitka will be UFA in offseason. I think one of them resigns + there is Pechurski - also RFA.

Kovar was lured by Novokuznetsk last summer but Novokuznetsk did not have money to buy out his contract. I give 0% chance Kovar wil play in Novokuznetsk. Maybe Lev as you wrote or another russian club - CSKA?? etc There is many options.

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
both scouts G Salak in Elitserien. Ramo from Avangard will be RFA, if I know, in offseason.. who knows if resigns. Avangard does not have another no.1 goalie, only young backup Reizvikh. Both goalies of Magnitka will be UFA in offseason. I think one of them resigns + there is Pechurski - also RFA.

Kovar was lured by Novokuznetsk last summer but Novokuznetsk did not have money to buy out his contract. I give 0% chance Kovar wil play in Novokuznetsk. Maybe Lev as you wrote or another russian club - CSKA?? etc There is many options.

True. Also, It was Philadelphia that had so much success with getting Bobrovski. It could be possible that they wanna try their luck again. At least for a trade if not for a solid backup.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I can see Kovar at least going over to Philadelphia for camp this year. After trading Bobrovsky and all the Bryzgalov buy out talk, there could definitely be a spot there if he impresses.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I can see Kovar at least going over to Philadelphia for camp this year. After trading Bobrovsky and all the Bryzgalov buy out talk, there could definitely be a spot there if he impresses.

but camps starst in september. If he chooses KHL, he will sign contract in may-june. I can not imagine he would wait until september for try out (not having contract with Flyers). What if he failed? Will be unemployed? Come back to CB? There will be no spot for him in KHL in late sept.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
but camps starst in september. If he chooses KHL, he will sign contract in may-june. I can not imagine he would wait until september for try out (not having contract with Flyers). What if he failed? Will be unemployed? Come back to CB? There will be no spot for him in KHL in late sept.

Rookie camp (the one Kovar would have to go to first) starts in July so he will know if he is signed by Flyers by the end of the summer for sure. And even if that's not the case, some of the KHL's best goalies (Vehanen, Ahonen) came into the league mid-season.

What are the chances that Bobrovsky's and Anisimov's KHL teams try to lure them over in the summer? Both are RFAs in the NHL after the season.

100% chance they will try, 10% chance they'll succeed.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
SoundAndFury

No KHL team signs him in mid season, beause he is not case of Vehanen and co. Every club wants to sign started goalie as soon as possible. Deadline is late june.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
No KHL team signs him in mid season, beause he is not case of Vehanen and co. Every club wants to sign started goalie as soon as possible. Deadline is late june.

Why isn't he the case of Vehanen and co? Could I hear any arguments about it, please. Obviously every club wants to sign a starting goalie as soon as possible but sometimes things doesn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Why isn't he the case of Vehanen and co? Could I hear any arguments about it, please. Obviously every club wants to sign a starting goalie as soon as possible but sometimes things doesn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

because he is leaving his club, Vehanen started season in Finland and during season signed in KHL.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
so, listen to this: Ska is negotiating with Shipachev as he's a FA at the end of the season...anyone sees anything wrong with that? lol

Ya this is goofy... Total overkill up front. Wonder if they will keep Varnakov, Panarin, Ramsdelt (or whatever his name is).. It would be nice to see younger guys like Sigaryov, maybe even Barabanov get a shot, but that will likely not happen. Also I would like to see Afinogenov set free... He shows flashes of brilliance, then.. well not a whole lot. I think he would do better on a weaker team but I take it he probably likes living in St. Petersburg.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

I watched an Interview with Maurice and he said he was excited for Pechurski because he changed his attitude/training/effort this season and he thinks he will be on the main team sooner than later... Ahonen will not be brought back. Georgi, maybe. Pechurski will at least be the back up.

Reizvihk IMO is good enough to start, but I'm sure Omsk wont rely on him yet. Some team should make a pitch to Makarov, he's having an outstanding run this year in junior hockey. Also I remember Khudobin saying he wouldn't mind coming back to the KHL... Probably if he eventually gets tired of being a backup he will leave.

QRemparts

Jan 2, 2012
Ya this is goofy... Total overkill up front. Wonder if they will keep Varnakov, Panarin, Ramsdelt (or whatever his name is).. It would be nice to see younger guys like Sigaryov, maybe even Barabanov get a shot, but that will likely not happen. Also I would like to see Afinogenov set free... He shows flashes of brilliance, then.. well not a whole lot. I think he would do better on a weaker team but I take it he probably likes living in St. Petersburg.

Yeah, SKA looks they can do everything they want and that will kill the league. Because only few teams can put big contracts on the line, maybe only two because they have a lot of money but that just confirm that the weaker teams will always remain weak and the better club will become more good... Bad to see...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yeah, SKA looks they can do everything they want and that will kill the league. Because only few teams can put big contracts on the line, maybe only two because they have a lot of money but that just confirm that the weaker teams will always remain weak and the better club will become more good... Bad to see...

SKA manegement doesn't care, the league for them is like a football manager game.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So because of that Kovar couldn't sign with KHL team mid-season. Brilliant assumption....

Did you read the story of Kovar? I dont think so.

What KHL club would want Kovar in lets say january 2014 with 0 games played in season 13/14?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Did you read the story of Kovar? I dont think so.

What KHL club would want Kovar in lets say january 2014 with 0 games played in season 13/14?

What's the big story to read? :laugh: And what are you talking about? Why would he be unsigned in January?

Let's say he comes to Phily, gets a contract in rookie camp, doesn't make the team out of the training camp, decides to go back to Europe. It would all happen in September, not January. If for whatever reason nobody in the KHL offers him a contract at that point, he can always sign a deal with KHL-out clause anywhere in the Europe to get match practice.

I don't know where did you get this idea that "deadline [to sign a starting goalie] is late june" but the truth is goalies change clubs mid-season as well as all the other players and I can't see how Kovar would be unable to do so. Every GM is looking for a way to improve his team at any point of the season and whenever Kovar becomes available he will be signed in no time.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Magnitogorsk

- coach Maurice with 2yrs QO
- G Gelashvilli and Ahonen will not get QO, Pechurski will
- F Yakubov will not get QO

edited not Vehanen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad