KHL teams logos, jerseys and brands

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
Krechin said that a new logo for Kunlun is being made, as well as the website and merch.

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Way way better than the old one. However, I am not sure why they picked bull, like Krasnodar FC also did. Maybe it's simply because bulls represent strength, fury and such things but personally I love and expect relevancy between team/city and logo. In this sense, I am in love with Traktor and Amur - those are fines logos I wouldn't ask origins of.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Wow. "Interesting" jersey. Very "industrial" and Im not so sure thats a good thing though if the fans in that market approve, like the fact it identifies with & boasts proudly of their region/city then thats cool. The colors are great, and I like the clean lines, diamond banding along the bottom.... Perhaps its my North American perspective. Seeing that design of heavy industry I think "Industrial League Hockey" which for years, decades really was a big deal in small resource based towns in northern Canada, the Northeastern US. Some cities as well, factory sponsored teams. Semi-Pro. Ex pro's & ex-juniors etc who had day jobs at the plant, mine or factory or whatever, played on the company team & actually hired in the first place because of their hockey skills. Senior Hockey in Canada as well, same thing for decades until the late 60's early 70's.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Seeing that design of heavy industry I think "Industrial League Hockey" which for years, decades really was a big deal in small resource based towns in northern Canada, the Northeastern US. Some cities as well, factory sponsored teams. Semi-Pro. Ex pro's & ex-juniors etc who had day jobs at the plant, mine or factory or whatever, played on the company team & actually hired in the first place because of their hockey skills.

It's kind of fitting though as it is the club of the metal processing enterprise in Cherepovets. Severstal literally means "Northern Steel".

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It's kind of fitting though as it is the club of the metal proceeding enterprise in Cherepovets. Severstal literally means "Northern Steel".

Yeah.... thanks Theo... I get the significance... my concern is more of global marketing reach, impact & registration which is supposed
to transcend the corporate sponsorship markings & identification. Supposed to have more depth. Cultural origins and antecedents.

Until such time as the KHL gets over their "House League" mentality whereby the Oligarchs sponsoring the teams approach it as a tool
for marketing & promoting their own interests, it will forever be caught in a provincial backwater. Accusations of duplicity will continue.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Bring on the shark aka. typhoon.

11960874.jpg

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Exactly what is associated with a neftyanik (oiler). Good job.

Have you seen them at a party? Pretty much how they look. Or better to say what they think about how they look.:laugh:

Nothing against our oilers btw. Most of them are pretty cool straight forward guys if you get to know them.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
The horse head is somewhat odd...at first I thought it was like a knight's mask of something. I think they are trying to force too much imagery with all the hockey sticks.

The small update to the main star logo is nice enough, I like how the star shape echoes the older star. And the jersey design is quite nice, modern but not crazy, especially if you remove all the typical sponsor logos. The crest on the numbers is a nice touch.

EDIT: The horse logo for some reason to me looks far superior in black and white on that hoodie...it reads much better.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
When you decide to become a NASCAR car... Anyways, looks more modern and colorful to me. Though 'old CSKA' also had a taste of army and Soviet Union so in its own way, it was special. When it comes to Russian hockey, ironically, I'm extremely traditional even though I'm not even Russian. I love watching Chelyabinsk because it feels like getting on a marshrutka, eating kompot or having a car crash recorded on dashcam - without actually having to go to Chelyabinsk. For some this may sound very strange and stupid but this is the case for me and for some people I know. Russian hockey is more than Russian hockey - otherwise, I'd watch NHL already. So, I'm happy as long as teams keep their "Russian & traditional" identity. I can't say CSKA did this but still, modernization from time to time is not bad.

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
Basically Sochi and Panthers agreed to exchange their previous logos :naughty: Maybe they could use the purple from Krasnodarsky Krai's flag as well

Regarding San Jose, I guess you can count Sochi as both Russia's California and Florida, although Vladivostok may have different opinion

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
РЖД ads are the new Megafon ads - the ones that can ruin any uniforms (except Lokomotiv), even plagiatized.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Jokerit Away Jerseys 2016/17

They were used once last season against Spartak and fans voted them for team's away jersey to this season. They were re-modeled from Jokerit's 1969-70 jersey.

jokerit_away_1617.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad