KHL Playoffs / Gagarin Cup 2013 • Semifinals

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I mean what is better for the development of this kid. Playing against other kids in a youth tournament or playing the finals of the second strongest ice hockey league for men? I think the answer is pretty easy. :)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I mean what is better for the development of this kid. Playing against other kids in a youth tournament or playing the finals of the second strongest ice hockey league for men? I think the answer is pretty easy. :)

tell this to Tretyak :sarcasm:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Traktor are completely deserved in the Gagarin Cup finals!!! Ak Bars had a 3-1 lead which was completely lucky already after Traktor threw away several big leads in game #4 and then they played three miserable games in a row!

I never had the feeling after the 3-1 lead for Ak Bars in this series that they really wanted to win it. Traktor just looked more motivated!

WHAT?

Did Traktor deserve to win? Yes.

Because they were so good? No.

AkBars wasn't nearly as focused as against Ufa. Traktor did their best. Kazan wasn't nearly as good as they should have been. So Traktor deserved the win because they just grinded out the last 3 games.

Side notes:

1. Games 5 and 6 are completely on Belov. Even more so because of the series score. you just don't lose those series. He forgot the lessons of Billyaletdinov and lost those games for us. Bill always plays 4 lines and keeps his stars fresh for a game deciding phase. Belov wanted it to much and let the top players play until they were making stupid mistakes only because they were squeezed out to the max. I hope Belov learns from that. He's still only a padawan.

2. Belov scratched Darzins for game 7. Too late. You can't blame one player for a lost game. But his blunders in games 5 and 6 were awful.

3. I understand Kuznetsov. He's comfortable in a league that protects him. He gets away with clear penalties and if you touch him it's 2 minutes. Once again it doesn't mean Traktor didn't deserve it, because good teams just win it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I was wrong, congrats to Traktor and go Traktor! Kazan', time to rebuild.

Rebuild what? There are at least 2-3 years more in the core. No need to rebuild, just to scout the market better(the latter signings are all busts) and develop the young players. We need a better D-man that Zakharchuk and a copule of young D-men. After those 2-3 years a rebuild is certainly due.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Rebuild what? There are at least 2-3 years more in the core. No need to rebuild, just to scout the market better(the latter signings are all busts) and develop the young players. We need a better D-man that Zakharchuk and a copule of young D-men.

Morozov, Zaripov dependance is hindering the development of others. Plus many talented players that Kazan' has grabbed from less fortunate team$ are being utilized wrong, which stumbled their development and activated regression.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
Rebuild what? There are at least 2-3 years more in the core. No need to rebuild, just to scout the market better(the latter signings are all busts) and develop the young players. We need a better D-man that Zakharchuk and a copule of young D-men. After those 2-3 years a rebuild is certainly due.

I don't think this series was won due to higher class by Traktor or better tactics. IMHO Traktor players just wanted it more! After their 3-1 lead Ak Bars more or less only did the necessary in the other three games but never impressed me.

Had Ak Bars taken this series it would have been the usual "play bad, still win" mentality of them.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Morozov, Zaripov dependance is hindering the development of others. Plus many talented players that Kazan' has grabbed from less fortunate team$ are being utilized wrong, which stumbled their development and activated regression.

Morozov and Zaripov take exactly 2 roster spots. What are you talking about? And Zaripov is still one of the best LW in the KHL. Morozov is getting older gradually, but his experience is still winning us games.

Who is being utilized wrong? That's absolute nonsense.

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
it doesnt matter what he says, tractor must release him.

tell it our federation

Why dont they ask the player first? Im sure its a choice to participate in a tournament isn't it?

I mean, even if he wasnt in the GC playoffs, and was golfing on vacation somewhere, he could hypothetically still deny the invitation.

But either way I think the president of Traktor and KHL management should protest this. Sochi and WC is one thing, maybe even U20, but this is nonesense :laugh:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Morozov and Zaripov take exactly 2 roster spots. What are you talking about? And Zaripov is still one of the best LW in the KHL. Morozov is getting older gradually, but his experience is still winning us games.

Who is being utilized wrong? That's absolute nonsense.

Zherdev, Bodrov, Ketov, Lemtyugov to name a few, who were all pried away from poorer teams as leaders and turned into 4th line players.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don't think this series was won due to higher class by Traktor or better tactics. IMHO Traktor players just wanted it more! After their 3-1 lead Ak Bars more or less only did the necessary in the other three games but never impressed me.

Had Ak Bars taken this series it would have been the usual "play bad, still win" mentality of them.

AkBars NEVER plays bad in the playoffs. This is an common haters quote who don't want to admit that AkBars is a good team. There was that game 2 against Ufa, but that's it. I really ask myself if you really watched the series. AkBars players wanted it too. It was all coaching in the end. Hats off to Belousov. It was tactics more than anything else. Once Belousov figured out Belov Belov wasn't able to respond.

metmag

Mar 4, 2013
Teens usually take U18 tournaments as experience, skill build, and exposure to scouts for draft.

Nichushkin will get nothing from this tournament. Furthermore the team cant be that bad that they need to uproot the best possible player against everyone's will to have a chance at gold.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Why dont they ask the player first? Im sure its a choice to participate in a tournament isn't it?

I mean, even if he wasnt in the GC playoffs, and was golfing on vacation somewhere, he could hypothetically still deny the invitation.

But either way I think the president of Traktor and KHL management should protest this. Sochi and WC is one thing, maybe even U20, but this is nonesense :laugh:

Europeans has another mentality than canadians. For us (leaders of hockey federations in Europe) is NT OVER club. It does not matter if it is only meaningless U18 tourney. Now is special situation for Russians, because tourney is in Sochi, Russia.

read twitter of head coach of RUS U18 @KravchukIgor

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Teens usually take U18 tournaments as experience, skill build, and exposure to scouts for draft.

Nichushkin will get nothing from this tournament. Furthermore the team cant be that bad that they need to uproot the best possible player against everyone's will to have a chance at gold.
there are gonna be some big shots from our goverment at the tournament. our federetion simply wants to cover its own ass whatever it takes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad