Rumor: KHL insider hints that Kovalchuk isn't staying in LA

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Kovalchuk is.. unhappy? Things aren't.. panning out?

giphy.gif

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Who wants that contract next year? He’s putting up points, but he’s not the player he once was. Wouldn’t shock me if he goes back to the KHL, apparently he wanted to win a cup which doesn’t look like it will happen with the kings
He's putting up points? He has 14 in 22 games for the money he makes and what he was supposed to bring I'd say he is not putting up enough points.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If he's doing so well, then why do you object to how the coach is using him?

I mean, if he is the Kings best player right now, it'd be incredibly easy to argue that he deserves PP time and at least one linemate with functional hands.

If nothing else that's just further evidence of how much of a tire fire the Kings have been this season...even the things that sorta/kinda worked out have the potential to catastrophically blow up in their face at a moment's notice.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
looks like button got this right like I have mentioned all summer. when the Russian team have a pow wow in the middle of the Olympics to kick you off the top 6 to the 4th line there is something wrong.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Why would anyone who was in the hunt for him in the first place shy away now? He chose LA, likely for the same price he would’ve gotten from Boston or other teams interested.

He’s played great, he’s gonna have other teams interested at his price. His play has done nothing to deter it. I’d take him on the Canes.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

I’m sorry...are you asking why someone would be upset that a player outperforming the rest of the team isn’t being put in situations to succeed more?

That’s...that’s what you’re asking?
What I'm saying is if a guy is showing his hand like he's going to desert you, then screw him. You may as well get on dealing without him. If you're going to put my team in a position where we counted on you, but you're selfish and don't care about the team, then I don't care about you, your production, your totals, or your happiness.
I guess it comes down to this. First we don't know if this is even true.
Second if he's unhappy, why? Is it hockey related or not? If the reason he wants to leave the team is because he's not getting PP time, don't you think that's a pretty weak reason to leave? Don't you think there is an easier way to get on the same page?
If it has nothing to do with hockey, and he just doesn't like it there, then I give my guys who want to part of my team those opportunites and make the selfish guy make a decision. Either be part of this team or get on being somewhere else. The sooner the better.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Signing him to any hefty contract like this was a mistake that a lot of people saw coming in the first place. LA has been a crapshoot of sorts so obviously that can effect his play but doubtful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad