KHL Dining Experiences: How Are They?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
On a second thought, there must be something special depending on a region. Arenas in Kazan and Ufa probably sell stuff like çäk-çäk etc.

That's why I love my country. It's so big people from St.Petersburg have no idea about what Kazan is all about:sarcasm:

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
Don't start or I'll tell you my honest opinion on the stuff at the Hartwall Arena. And the food at all russian arenas I've been to is good, not great, but you won't expect a Michelin star level service at a hockey arena.

well i have heard so not so good stories about food at spartak moscow and dynamo moscow arenas....

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
Echpochmak-wiki.jpg

Obviously some tataric food at Tatneft arena in Kazan. They of course do have some othe typical junk food stuff I never buy. My standard is an echpochmak and a tea in the second intermission. It's pretty good.

whats in that thing excatly?:)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
... traditional recipe calls for turkey & potato, but you can use chicken or whatever, add more ingredients. :P

Tradition would call for lamb actually, but chicken and turkey are the often on the inside of the modern day echpochmak.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Tradition would call for lamb actually, but chicken and turkey are the often on the inside of the modern day echpochmak.

Oh? I was told Turkey years ago but Lamb? That sounds even better. Delicious. :D

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Don't start or I'll tell you my honest opinion on the stuff at the Hartwall Arena. And the food at all russian arenas I've been to is good, not great, but you won't expect a Michelin star level service at a hockey arena.

Oh go ahead. Never been there (other side of the road at Messukeskus though) but I've read enough comments from Jokerit fans at Jatkoaika over the years.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Oh go ahead. Never been there (other side of the road at Messukeskus though) but I've read enough comments from Jokerit fans at Jatkoaika over the years.

I'll start with the worst beer I've ever encountered in my life and I've been around the world a bit. And that includes "good" 'ol soviet beer as well.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Oh? I was told Turkey years ago but Lamb? That sounds even better. Delicious. :D

Well, it's traditional tataric food. Turkey was imported to Europe from America so it couldn't possibly be in the traditional recipe which might be a couple of millenia old. Tatars are muslims, so there is no pork. Lamb is the most poular kind of meat in tataric cuisine.

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Well, it's traditional tataric food. Turkey was imported to Europe from America so it couldn't possibly be in the traditional recipe which might be a couple of millenia old. Tatars are muslims, so there is no pork. Lamb is the most poular kind of meat in tataric cuisine.

Ok.... and have you tried these Atas? Ha? Good?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ok.... and have you tried these Atas? Ha? Good?

I grew up with these. So yes. As well as all other traditional tataric dishes. My best friend is a Tatar and his grandma is an expert at tataric cuisine. It is all delicious while maybe not healthy food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad