KHL Dining Experiences: How Are They?

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
so we all know how NHL food is generally stupidly expensive but what about the K? are there some interesting snacks you can buy at a KHL arena that you cannot even dream about in North America?

DenisB8

Dec 19, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I know about the prices in Bratislava and in my opinion food and drinks are fairly cheap for austrian standards. At the Vienna Capitals arena stuff is much more expensive, a normal water costs 3,50€ pretty bad if you ask me. In Bratislava it's 1€ for a water and 2€ for coke and other softdrinks. I would imagine stuff in russian arenas is just as cheap. Food aswell is much cheaper

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
The best hot dog in the world is in Zagreb.

Thats the fact.

is it just like, one hotdog? like all the others are rubbish, but this one has been sitting in that rotating grill thing for a year, and they won't sell it cuz they know good it is?

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
so we all know how NHL food is generally stupidly expensive but what about the K? are there some interesting snacks you can buy at a KHL arena that you cannot even dream about in North America?
The culture of special "stadium food" is rather unkown in Russia, so I don't think a visitor would be able find anyting surprising, except for the low prices. Althought there may also be some sort of an exotic aspect to Russian junkfood, idk.

Petersburg's Ledovy used to sell vodka and cognac. Not sure if it's still the case, but that's reeeally uncommon around the coutnry.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
On a second thought, there must be something special depending on a region. Arenas in Kazan and Ufa probably sell stuff like çäk-çäk etc.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
From my experiences, both Jokerit and Dinamo Riga had general "Western stadium food", although the price was expensive in Helsinki compared to Riga, where the food was pretty cheap

loppa*

Why are u guys trashing dog meat? It's superior to pork hot dogs

In North America some *removed* like to call the dog "man's best friend", and hence they find the thought of eating man's best friend is rather revolting to them. We're not amongst them, but, just giving you a plausible reason which applies to some contexts...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The culture of special "stadium food" is rather unkown in Russia, so I don't think a visitor would be able find anyting surprising, except for the low prices. Althought there may also be some sort of an exotic aspect to Russian junkfood, idk.

Petersburg's Ledovy used to sell vodka and cognac. Not sure if it's still the case, but that's reeeally uncommon around the coutnry.

That exotic aspect being diarrhea.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
From my experiences, both Jokerit and Dinamo Riga had general "Western stadium food", although the price was expensive in Helsinki compared to Riga, where the food was pretty cheap

Hesburger outlet at Hartwall is more expensive than regular Hesburger restaurants. And the food sucks even in those.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
In terms of prices, Bratislava is very attractive. A pint is cheaper than in Helsinki for example. Also you have good deals on food. Basically, from all my hockey experience in Europe, Bratislava was the best place in terms of value for drinks/food.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Hesburger outlet at Hartwall is more expensive than regular Hesburger restaurants. And the food sucks even in those.

Hartwall also has a couple of Pizza Hut kiosks. HK Hot Dogs, Kariniemi (sp?) for bbq'd chicken wings etc ... Bambu if you fancy Sushi & so on. Food not up to snuff or what?... several bars.... and, oh, look Jussi, I see Nickleback is booked for a September show... on behalf of Canadians everywhere, our sincerest apologies. :(

wakawakawaka

Nov 15, 2014
what' s a karinemi? is it tasty? and any other special aspects of KHL dining people have stories about?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That exotic aspect being diarrhea.

Don't start or I'll tell you my honest opinion on the stuff at the Hartwall Arena. And the food at all russian arenas I've been to is good, not great, but you won't expect a Michelin star level service at a hockey arena.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Echpochmak-wiki.jpg

Obviously some tataric food at Tatneft arena in Kazan. They of course do have some othe typical junk food stuff I never buy. My standard is an echpochmak and a tea in the second intermission. It's pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00