Speculation: KHL after Sochi Games

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What does this [HD] mean?

Do you have any info on MedveÅ¡čak's status for 16/17 season?

I believe it's HD broadcast technology at their arenas. When they have it, they are eventually able to stream matches in HD quality. For Medvescak, I am also looking forward to hearing something about that. Hope they will stay in the league.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
If they don't pay the debts by 1st May they can't play next season.
thats then a spinning circle. if no next saison is played, debt never will be paid back...
so goal must be some payment plan-better get money with delay, as never...
i think this is working well with slovan old debts, didnt hear anything negative now that it is not fullfilled...
even better, they got new potential sponsors,...and announcement that saison tickets 2016/2017 for KHL will be sold from 3.april...
i hope medvescak can also do something like that and continue in KHL...

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
thats then a spinning circle. if no next saison is played, debt never will be paid back...
i think this is working well with slovan old debts, didnt hear anything negative now that it is not fullfilled...
even better, they got new potential sponsors,...and announcement that saison tickets 2016/2017 for KHL will be sold from 3.april...

Definitely agree. Moreover, sorry kulenova seka but I find it really difficult to believe you because I know how much you hate Medvescak for no obvious reasons. :sarcasm: Medvescak sold out their last home game against Dynamo Moscow so there is still interest from fans. I am sure if this team made just a little bit better, they would have much better attendances.

KHL is not very transparent about economical aspects so I doubt they would cut the chase and simply kick Medvescak for not paying debts. If this is the case, I guess Medvescak would not be the only team to suffer. If Medvescak is out of league, they will never be able to pay debts. Some transfer/trade restrictions should be on the cards, maybe...

As far as I can see, many people don't care about Medvescak but I really think they are an important team. The fact that they are from Zagreb is enough. They have potential to attract fans from nearby cities and countries. I would pick Zagreb over Paris or London every day, where nobody gives a *** about hockey.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

can you name them?

kulenova seka

Definitely agree. Moreover, sorry kulenova seka but I find it really difficult to believe you because I know how much you hate Medvescak for no obvious reasons. :sarcasm: Medvescak sold out their last home game against Dynamo Moscow so there is still interest from fans. I am sure if this team made just a little bit better, they would have much better attendances.

KHL is not very transparent about economical aspects so I doubt they would cut the chase and simply kick Medvescak for not paying debts. If this is the case, I guess Medvescak would not be the only team to suffer. If Medvescak is out of league, they will never be able to pay debts. Some transfer/trade restrictions should be on the cards, maybe...

As far as I can see, many people don't care about Medvescak but I really think they are an important team. The fact that they are from Zagreb is enough. They have potential to attract fans from nearby cities and countries. I would pick Zagreb over Paris or London every day, where nobody gives a *** about hockey.

I am not hating Medvescak, I am just realistic enough. I predicted that we won't be in PO and it looks like we are out, although I am suprised that we were in PO picture for so long.

Second, I am fan of Medvescak and because of that I am sometimes critical of them, and they deserve it. They made many sins during EBEL era which hurted our hockey.

Declining number of fans is not something suprising. 22 new faces ever year in the team, too many games in short spells of time, bad team last year which cooled off some fans, disgusting PR...

loppa*

I am not hating Medvescak, I am just realistic enough. I predicted that we won't be in PO and it looks like we are out, although I am suprised that we were in PO picture for so long.

Second, I am fan of Medvescak and because of that I am sometimes critical of them, and they deserve it. They made many sins during EBEL era which hurted our hockey.

Declining number of fans is not something suprising. 22 new faces ever year in the team, too many games in short spells of time, bad team last year which cooled off some fans, disgusting PR...

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY LYING!

All of last Summer you were belittling the team in every way that you possibly could. It did not end when the season started, you continued to speak only the worst possible things about the team. Your accomplice, the user Bishonen, also berated the team as irrationally as you were doing, at every moment that he could. Do not tell us that you guys are fans, you only looked to say the worst possible things. And when it was obvious that you guys were wrong you did not man up and say you're sorry for only speaking ill stuff, you continued with more negativity. The best example was at one of Medvescak's best games (I think against Magnitogorsk) you guys had nothing good to say, one of you even somehow managed to complain. It's well known you guys predicted the lowest of the lows in terms o the standings, and look where we are now. Where is the sorry? Oh yeah, there is no sorry from your guys end. This is precisely why on the Croatian forum a topic was started called the problem of Medvescak haters. The people on there replied stating that the best thing is to ignore them. But, I still feel that it is important to call out injustices when they pop up.

And for the record, as I have stated many times, I am not a Medvescak fan, no way. But I have respect for the team, which is something that you guys DO NOT.

loppa*

You predicted the bottom of the standings, that there won't be any chance of playoffs, that they would be an unrealistic dream after one week. Nice prognosis. When you failed at your prognosis your next prognosis was just as bad. And again. Now you dare tell us that you were some reasonable guy who had realistic predictions? NO. NO. You attacked people who predicted that Medvescak would have a decent team, not necessarily a playoff team, but a decent team which is somewhat competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
interesting twitter message from KHL about atlant next season:
https://twitter.com/KHLNewsEN/status/695604192191320065

about china joining: i think it makes sense (at least) from the economic side, as it offers enormous chances for marketing, sponsors, etc...
i just red article about slovan bratislava: china sponsors are amoung potential possibilities for next season, giving names right to arena..
distance is no problem, as you have already amur & admiral at their "corner" ;-)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I dont want to create new thread because the news is not big deal now.

Roman Rotenberg, Russian Hockey Federation (FHR) Vicepresident & KHL Executive Board Member & KHL Board of Directors Chairman’s Counsellor, said to Russian media that FHR negotiated with NHL (Bettman & Daly) about hosting (part) of next World Cup. Russian side is very interested in it. Bettman said to Russian media that it is "interesting idea". Rotenberg also said that KHL will offer concrete vision/plan/proposal of exibition games among NHL/KHL clubs after World Cup. He said there must be benefits for both sides from those games. Bettman said that NHL has to consider if there are benefits for NHL with games against KHL clubs.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The new committees of the International Ice Hockey Federation for a new four-year cycle have been formed. See

KHL President Chernyshenko named of member of special IIHF working group for strategic development (other members are Fasel, Blatter from Infront and someone from Belarus). It means that KHL will have influence on IIHF development.

Medvedev is back in KHL as member of KHL Board of Directors. His duty will be to communicate with IIHF & advocate "some interests in KHL BoD" as he said. As we know he is a big supporter of KHL´s expansion to Europe.

What does all this mean for KHL and its future?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad