KHL 2013 Pre-Season Matches, Tournaments and Camps Talk

ficohok*

Medvescak lost to Vityaz 2:4 (1:0, 0:3, 1:1) in game where Bears were better team 5 on 5, but in second period, Vityaz have had almost two 5 on 3 PP's in a row and scored two goals, while Bears didn't scored on their 5 on 3. Medvescak's PP still need some work and chemistry to be done. Both Medvescak's goals came after heavy forecheck by Walker, who played with Thomas and Cheechoo in line. Except PP goals for Vityaz, they scored one more after two Bear's D-s couldn't make a deal who is gonna take a puck, and Rybin said "I will". 4th goal was EN by Korolyuk. Afinogenov had breakaway but Dekanich denied it in a style.

MrLord

Jul 9, 2010
Khabarovsk (Rus) 3-2 Sp. Moscow (Rus)

Jan Mursak (ex Detroit) G and A, well done!

Go Jan

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Dinamo Riga's new captain (C) is... surprise, surprise - Sandis OzoliņÅ¡
assistants (A) - Szchechura and Pujacs

Also Dinamo made a lot of announcements of official signings today:
The whole batch of youngsters that will probably take the youngster spots were signed- Kārlis OzoliņÅ¡ (94), Edgars Siksna (93) and Artūrs Kuzmenkovs (93).

Also they signed Sedlacek (G) and Hascak (F) who were in Riga for try-outs.

King EK65

#KuldaApproved
Jun 26, 2013
Canada
Dinamo Riga's new captain (C) is... surprise, surprise - Sandis OzoliņÅ¡
assistants (A) - Szchechura and Pujacs

Also Dinamo made a lot of announcements of official signings today:
The whole batch of youngsters that will probably take the youngster spots were signed- Kārlis OzoliņÅ¡ (94), Edgars Siksna (93) and Artūrs Kuzmenkovs (93).

Also they signed Sedlacek (G) and Hascak (F) who were in Riga for try-outs.

I'm verry happy that Szczechura will be that assistant, looks like he's really loyal to the city and fans and overall just loves to play here :handclap:

ficohok*

Medveschak - Sary-Arka 5-1
Kuznya - Ambrì-Piotta 3-1

Montador and Kolesnikovs made their debuts. Montador scored a goal. Dekanich were between the pipes, Brust was scratched due to injury.

ficohok*

1st and 2nd period, right? 3rd Vasiljević

Yes, 3rd period Vasiljević. Too bad no SOG stats (or at least I don't have it for now as Medvescak site is currently down) so I can't say how much he was involved into the game. Although it is nice to see that he didn't let goal in :) .

ficohok*

Medveščak - Metallurg Novokuznetsk 5:2 (2:2, 1:0, 2:0)

Murray, Popovic, Kane, Murley, Kostovic.

Good to see five players scored, it seems that we have balanced attack. Of 28 goals scored so far in seven pre-season games 15 diffirent players scored at least one.

Hockeyfan31*

So I am watching Metallurg vs Barys game and I must laugh at yellow ice, white adds stand out so much. But I am loving Metallurg jersey and logo thats on ice, would look better on jerseys than the real one

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
So I am watching Metallurg vs Barys game and I must laugh at yellow ice, white adds stand out so much. But I am loving Metallurg jersey and logo thats on ice, would look better on jerseys than the real one

Colour blind? I am watching Ugr/Tractor replay and I cant find any yellow. Ice looks nice and white and will look even more clear/white with 1080p broadcast. BTW there is a tint of light blue behind the ads, not white. And yes there jerseys are very nice.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, I've watched the broadcasts (well, just the small parts ofc) from the 4 pre-season tournaments today, and every single one of them looked great. Bright lightning, dozens of cameras, sharp ice and clean boards. I don't see where is the problem here. KHL is the clear number one in Europe in that regard.

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
I think this is meant. Screenshot is taken from Traktor-Yugra, minute 31. The second image is the contrasted first to make it more visible.

Attachments

• MMgIce.png
    MMgIce.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 14
  • MMgIceContrasted.png
    MMgIceContrasted.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 11

ult

Sep 21, 2009
And why would you turn up the contrast? I know what he meant.

It is a technology restrictions, and they're the same everywhere. Ads are made of pieces of cloth, obviously there is ice under them and above them. And yes it's not 100% transparent. Of course you can cut put more work and cut the outsides more precisely, but that's pretty much it. To get rid of it you either have to get rid off of the ads altogether, or you can get rid off of the white color in the ads. Also NHL broadcasters usually color grade all this stuff out with post processing.

130108_Jets_Logo_MTS_1a.jpg

image.jpeg

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
And why would you turn up the contrast? I know what he meant.

It is a technology restrictions, and they're the same everywhere. Ads are made of pieces of cloth, obviously there is ice under them and above them. And yes it's not 100% transparent. Of course you can cut put more work and cut the outsides more precisely, but that's pretty much it. To get rid of it you either have to get rid off of the ads altogether, or you can get rid off of the white color in the ads. Also NHL broadcasters usually color grade all this stuff out with post processing.
I don't mind. One more solution is to paint the ice with white one layer lower as some teams do, but it's very expensive. Btw, Magnitka tried it and finally rejected as we can see.

And it was not to you but to malkinfan, sorry :).

Last edited:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Latvian Railways Cup 2013
Day 1

SKA Saint Petersburg - Lev Praha 2:1 (1:1, 0:0, 1:0)
Goals: 6:00 Korostin (Grebennikov, Sigaryov), 19:53 Birner (Zherdev, Taticek), 51:26 Dallman (Toresen)
Goalies: Ezhov - Vehanen

Dinamo Riga - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl 3:1 (0:0, 2:0, 1:1)
Goals: 24:14 Indrašis (Robinson, Szczechura), 25:24 Upītis (Kuzmenkovs), 56:32 Hascak (Ņiživijs, Rēdlihs), 59:57 Kruchinin (Apalkov, Galimov)
Goalies: Tellqvist - Sanford

Hockeyfan31*

Colour blind? I am watching Ugr/Tractor replay and I cant find any yellow. Ice looks nice and white and will look even more clear/white with 1080p broadcast. BTW there is a tint of light blue behind the ads, not white. And yes there jerseys are very nice.

I have no idea about Traktor/Yugra game, I Have no idea about them, I was just commenting on ice in Metallurg arena. And of coure it is not yellow as in paint. It's just that piss looking ice that contrasts so much with white ads

Last edited by a moderator:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Magnitka broadcasting live right now on their Youtube channel. Broadcast looks great and only in standard definition.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I have no idea about Traktor/Yugra game, I Have no idea about them, I was just commenting on ice in Metallurg arena. And of coure it is not yellow as in paint. It's just that piss looking ice that contrasts so much with white ads

Must be the light blue behind the ads throwing you off because IMO the ice looks great. Have you seen the situation last year? Comparing the two years broadcasts is like night and day (ie. darker shade jerseys, better video resolution, brighter ice etc..). Magnitka definitely did the best job out of any of the teams in all round improvement this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad