Confirmed with Link: Khaira resigned for 2 more years (675k)

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Nice to see him get a contract. Not sure what to take away from this signing if theres anything to take away.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Good on Khaira to get the extension, now it's on to prove he was worth being offered it.

He needs to come into camp better than he did last year, where IMO he was kinda mediocre and was cut from the team rather early.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
The extra year gives Chia more time to focus on going all in after next season is over.

Dirt cheap bottom sixers are how you maintain a core.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The timing of this signing is really interesting. I like Khaira as a player but its not clear if this means Khaira is an Oiler for 2 extra years or if this is a value signing to help add value to a potential deal in the works.
I guess we will know in short order.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I don't know if this signing really means anything as far as Vegas is concerned. I mean, it's not like Vegas would have any reason not to think they'd be able to sign him after he was selected if that's who they chose to go with.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it seems to me like this timing of this move was to entice Vegas to take him.

My big hope for expansion is that we can swing a trade with Vegas that gets us a useful player, lets us keep Khaira, Brossoit, and Reinhart, and most involves us sending them picks and maybe a roster player

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
exactly. this is the price range you need for the 4th line now. instead of the 2million Hendricks was getting.

Hendricks' contract was the price the Oilers had to pay to dump Dubnyk on the Preds.

Does this mean that Letestu will be exposed?

No. The only way Letestu gets exposed is if the Oilers trade for a defenceman in the next 15 1/2 hours and have to have four defencemen on their protected list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad