Confirmed with Link: Khaira resigned for 2 more years (675k)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Niceeee. Khaira is solid and I feel can develop into a pretty good depth player. Mayeb nothing more than a good 4th liner or capable third liner, but depth is important

Good vision, good hands, good defensive ability, knows how to use his size. Skating is a ? but thats only thing limiting him

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
When Chiarelli said signing McDavid and Draisaitl to extensions were his priority, he forgot to add "after locking up Jujhar"

Great move in my books.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Happy to keep Jujhar in the fold. Should be a cheap staple on the 4th line for a few years, could have 3rd line upside if his skating improves.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Now that Chia has Khaira locked up he can focus on lesser things like McDavid\Drai extensions and Eberle trade

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Good cap hit especially if he can make the team full time during this contract.

Now get to wheeling and dealing Chia!!!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Happy to keep Jujhar in the fold. Should be a cheap staple on the 4th line for a few years, could have 3rd line upside if his skating improves.
sadly this move has made Khaira more attractive to Vegas.
Should have let things fly under the radar til after expansion draft.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie

True but if the worst thing we are losing in the ED is a maybe 4th liner now with 3rd line upside we are in pretty good shape.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I give the organization more credit then that. Actually, even it puts him on their radar, it means they can Only select him, they can sign him and select someone else.

So that's a positive, imo.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I give the organization more credit then that. Actually, even it puts him on their radar, it means they can Only select him, they can sign him and select someone else.

So that's a positive, imo.

Believe you are wrong, if they had signed him he would have counted as the pick anyway as I understand it.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
Have to think the vegas thing has been worked out otherwise why negotiate to lose a guy. I think this is a positive move.

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
Yeah, belair speaks the truth.

So signing Khaira doesn't really matter all that much for the ED situation. Maybe if it's a one-way deal Vegas might be more reluctant to risk paying him that much for playing in the AHL? *shrug* I got nothing else.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Yeah, belair speaks the truth.

So signing Khaira doesn't really matter all that much for the ED situation. Maybe if it's a one-way deal Vegas might be more reluctant to risk paying him that much for playing in the AHL? *shrug* I got nothing else.

Good take. Makes the most sense to me too.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
$675K?

That's a paycut. But if it's a one-way deal and previous years were two-way it makes sense.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

...and it makes Reinhardt less attractive. That's not sad at all.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Good news but I kind of want to see McDavid and Drai extended first. 15 more days before someone sends Drai an offersheet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad