Post-Game Talk: KFC wins it in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
What a great goal by Connor.

Not our best game, but, I felt we were the better team.

Great GDT by @Conflicted Habs fan !

normal.png
Poor thing must be shivering in that outfit.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Liked seeing Gagner and Apples switch. Someone posted on twitter the numbers for the 1st line with Gagner over Apples and it was much better. Hopefully they keep it going for a bit.

Thought Samberg showed himself well again.
They switched back in the third

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Haven't checked the Habs forum, but does anyone know how well they're embracing their tank/rebuild?

I seem to remember them saying something like "we'll just come last and draft Bedard and sign PLD in two years"... I reminded them that that doesn't always work and it's gonna suck to watch their team lose for that long but they seemed excited by the thought of it

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
And what a great defensive play by Samburg , totally knocking only the puck away. :nod:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Lowry and Apples to start the OT ?
Thought it was a Arniel lineup and Bones would start KFC and 55 when he back behind the bench but still same starting lineup.
Must be a team coaching decision
We are winning with that strategy and I’m okay with it.
Schief tends to stay out too long anyway
Last time we lost in OT Schief looked tired chasing Eichel around

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Was it just me or did having Toninato in the line up hugely underline how much improved or bottom six is?

I don't hate him, but you could plainly see how much better guys like Gags, Big Sak, and Thor are than him.

Yeah he looked out of place to me. I would have rather aged Harkins.

Reactions: Jet and thereturn

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Nice deserved win. Would have been rather salty if they lost in OT after that, but they seemed pretty dominant in OT.

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. Not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but I thought Wheels looked quite good and I liked his hard work on the goal. I also noticed for the first time that he's not even wearing an "A". Interesting.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Yeah, I was disappointed in that. The numbers I saw were just the 1st two periods and they were much better with Gagner.

I thought Gagner looked pretty good in that spot overall, but he did have a few big flubs and shifts where he looked overmatched before he was swapped.

Reactions: TommyKillian

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Was it just me or did having Toninato in the line up hugely underline how much improved or bottom six is?

I don't hate him, but you could plainly see how much better guys like Gags, Big Sak, and Thor are than him.

Agree -- that line missed Barron also. He's gotten better with experience, despite that nagging wrist injury.

Nice to see Toninato as an emergency call-up rather than mainstay.

Also, @Jet -- I hereby nominate you as Chair of the "Big Sak" moniker working group...

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Only caught the 3rd. Mostly thought the team looked pretty good.
Finn with hair seemed to cause some problems for the Habs with his speed.
Thought Gus looked good but lacks some higher IQ as it seemed like he missed a couple of plays.
Dubois looks like a beast when he wants to. Really hoping to see that guy show up in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Lowry and Apples to start the OT ?
Thought it was a Arniel lineup and Bones would start KFC and 55 when he back behind the bench but still same starting lineup.
Must be a team coaching decision
We are winning with that strategy and I’m okay with it.
Schief tends to stay out too long anyway
Last time we lost in OT Schief looked tired chasing Eichel around

Lowry wins face-offs. That's why he's out. Explained by bones in the post game PC and it makes sense since OT is all about puck possession.

I feel like in the past we lost these games... these points we getting are gonna end up being the difference at the end of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad