Confirmed with Link: Kevin Westgarth Added To TC Roster

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Useless plug during the regular season and preseason. I hope he never sees a moment of ice time unless things get totally out of hand. Otherwise he should never leave the bench.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I really hope they don't sign him but I'm fine with him riding the pine in pre-season games.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I hope we don't sign him, but with Gazdic injured it would be nice to have an experienced fighter when Calgary tries to rough us up in our pre-season game with them.

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I don't think OKC has an enforcer. If he ends up getting signed, that's where he will be.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
My guess this is the Gazdic replacement until Gazdic is healthy, then he's OKC bound (if he shows well here, which it's Kevin Westgarth, so maybe not).

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
My guess this is the Gazdic replacement until Gazdic is healthy, then he's OKC bound (if he shows well here, which it's Kevin Westgarth, so maybe not).

Agreed, will make training camp and pre-season more interesting as well. Could be the end of the line for this guy, I'm hoping he is highly motivated.

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
Pre-season is full of dumb meatheads looking to make a name for themselves. It is MUCH better for Westgarth to distract them with a fight than for them to take Eberle's head off. Gazdic might not be ready for TC anyway because of his surgery.

I would he shocked if he gets a contract.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I feel better about preseason games now. Dont want a regular roster player being injured in a meaningless scrimmage garbage game.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Meh. An experienced fighter to push competition for Gazdic and any other fighter types. All seems to fall into what MacT is trying to do.

Internal competition is good.

Let's not forget there was a time not too long ago that there were young guys coming in with pretty much no competition whatsoever.

I don't think we want to revisit that scene.

EDIT: Didn't realize that Gaz was injured/healing. I still stand by my above statement though.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Better actual player than Gazdic, but much worse fighter.

I don't mind it, it doesn't cost anything.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's a PTO, and it's preseason. I doubt he gets a contract but with all the meatheads and coke machines that like to run around trying to get noticed, this is a pretty intelligent move.

Highly doubt he gets signed though.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Meh. An experienced fighter to push competition for Gazdic and any other fighter types. All seems to fall into what MacT is trying to do.

Internal competition is good.

Let's not forget there was a time not too long ago that there were young guys coming in with pretty much no competition whatsoever.

I don't think we want to revisit that scene.

We haven't left that scene. All signs point towards Draisaitl and Arcobello making the team with little to no competition.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He'll keep people from getting banged up in preseason, hopefully.
If not, he won't get a contract.

It amazes me that in this day and age people still believe this kind of thing.

A slug like Westgarth will do nothing but take dumb penalties, bleed chances against and fight meaningless scraps with some other useless goon in the other bench.

He wont stop anyone from taking any run at any skilled player (especially in training camp where guys are going to be trying to earn a spot/contract).

This team is already going to waste a spot on Gazdic when he's healthy. Lets not waste another on Westgarth.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
It amazes me that in this day and age people still believe this kind of thing.

A slug like Westgarth will do nothing but take dumb penalties, bleed chances against and fight meaningless scraps with some other useless goon in the other bench.

He wont stop anyone from taking any run at any skilled player (especially in training camp where guys are going to be trying to earn a spot/contract).

I said hopefully.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Uhhhhh, ugggghhhh

Even tho its only a PTO, its a waste of a PTO. Get this guy away from the team

Why not invite Penner or loktionov, or someone decent at hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad