Value of: Kevin Shattenkirk to EDM

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This is actually a quite easy deal to make if Shattenkirk accepts a deal and the Rangers retain 50%

Shattenkirk half retained for Kassian and a 2nd. Rangers either deal Kassian off for a low pick or bury him in the minors. Edmonton essentially pays 1 million more this year and 3 million next year. Not a big deal.

I think edmonton would have to give up more than a 2nd for shatty at 3.3

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I think he would want to stay local. Went out of his way to become a Ranger. More likely to be with Philly, NJ, or Boston.

Reactions: Multigrain

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I think edmonton would have to give up more than a 2nd for shatty at 3.3

As a Rangers fan I'm more than OK with that. They need to free up a spot. Lundkvist will probably be ready in 2 years. I'm assuming they will add a young, right defenseman with some size who is NHL ready at the deadline. They need to free up spots for their young defenseman prospects. Maybe they expand on that and make it Zucc and Shattenkirk for Puljujarvi, Kassian and a 2nd.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As a Rangers fan I'm more than OK with that. They need to free up a spot. Lundkvist will probably be ready in 2 years. I'm assuming they will add a young, right defenseman with some size who is NHL ready at the deadline. They need to free up spots for their young defenseman prospects. Maybe they expand on that and make it Zucc and Shattenkirk for Puljujarvi, Kassian and a 2nd.
Im keeping Puljujarvi. The points haven't started coming, but anyone who watches can tell he is our best natural winger, and you can see the potential.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Shattenkirk had already blocked a deal to Edmonton in the Hall deal, He doesn't want to play there. So this thread is moot.
Shattenkirk would never play in Edmonton. Maybe they could construct a three way deal with the
Blues sending him there and the Blues send a piece to Ottawa.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Im keeping Puljujarvi. The points haven't started coming, but anyone who watches can tell he is our best natural winger, and you can see the potential.
Do you think he is overrated at all? Listening to Pierre McGuire and others they don't seem to be too high on him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Do you think he is overrated at all? Listening to Pierre McGuire and others they don't seem to be too high on him.

The points are starting to trickle in for Puljujarvi - 5 in the last 12. On a team with absolutely no secondary scoring and with no powerplay time, that’s not bad. He’s playing well and is someone we should hang onto.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I have zero time for any player that doesn't want to be here. Let him enjoy the last part of his career in a sunny, non hockey market.​

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Hall one for one
Shattenkirk also nuked a TB deal for Druin who went to the Habs later

NHL trade rumors: Kevin Shattenkirk vetoes deal; Dennis Wideman on the move? Flyers, Sabres selling?

How Taylor Hall almost didn't become a Devil

The Devils' deal to acquire forward Taylor Hall from the Edmonton Oilers on June 30, 2016, only happened after another trade involving the left-winger reportedly fell through.

due to EU laws the link for original article is unavailable to me

The time that Shattenkirk was almost an Oiler

While Shattenkirk did not have a NTC the deal with both the Oilers and Bolts were hinged on him signing a 7 year deal and because he declined the extention offers--the deals fell through

While the rumors of a possible trade are out there, none of them state definitively that it would have been a 1-for-1 trade. I never bought the rumors that it would have been Shatty for Hall straight up. Still think the blues would have needed to add something.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
While the rumors of a possible trade are out there, none of them state definitively that it would have been a 1-for-1 trade. I never bought the rumors that it would have been Shatty for Hall straight up. Still think the blues would have needed to add something.

I'm thinking at the time, Shattenkirk was thought of as a very good if not elite defenseman.
I could have easily seen a 1 for 1 there.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I'm thinking at the time, Shattenkirk was thought of as a very good if not elite defenseman.
I could have easily seen a 1 for 1 there.

Ellie offensively no doubt but he's always been suspect defensively.

It may have been a straight up deal but maybe not. I just see a lot of people assuming it was because of the rumors out there. Either way it would have been even worse for the oilers than the Larsson trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad