Value of: Kevin Shattenkirk to EDM

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Chia says he wants a puck moving d-man and with Pionk and Deangelo there really is no more point in keeping Shatty. Rangers im sure would be willing to retain but in all seriousness what do you think his return could be?

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Chia says he wants a puck moving d-man and with Pionk and Deangelo there really is no more point in keeping Shatty. Rangers im sure would be willing to retain but in all seriousness what do you think his return could be?
While he would be a great fit for the Oilers, they can't take on his salary.
Unless sekera or lucic was involved????

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Russell or Sekera in a 1-4-1 swap would be the best we could do.

Russell and Shattenkirk are producing at the same rate, and while I think Shatty is better, Russell has a cheaper contract.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Russell or Sekera in a 1-4-1 swap would be the best we could do.

Russell and Shattenkirk are producing at the same rate, and while I think Shatty is better, Russell has a cheaper contract.
Yeah no to either
I seriously doubt Shatty would waive to Edmonton as well considering how badly he wanted to be a Ranger

Reactions: bernmeister

Marc Bergevin

Nov 2, 2018
Quebec
Shattenkirk for EDM 2019 1rst, EDM 2020 first and RNH
Thats the kind of proposal Chia will ask for shattenkirk... ouf you guys ( oilers fans ) are not lucky to have this guy as GM

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania

Would def take lucic back and sekera

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Shattenkirk is brutal and thankfully we’re full up on brutal defencemen that add nothing positive.

Shattenkirk would be the 1, 2 or 3 on the Oilers. Not that he is exceptional, but rather the Edmonton Oilers have some of the worst dmen in the league.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Shattenkirk would be the 1, 2 or 3 on the Oilers. Not that he is exceptional, but rather the Edmonton Oilers have some of the worst dmen in the league.

If you pretend that none of Klefbom, Larsson, or Nurse exist, sure.

Coming from a Ranger fan that’s pretty laughable. He’s barely getting 18 minutes a night on one of the worst defences in the league. With his contract I wouldn’t even take him for free. But it’s Chiarelli so who the f*** knows.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
If you pretend that none of Klefbom, Larsson, or Nurse exist, sure.

Coming from a Ranger fan that’s pretty laughable. He’s barely getting 18 minutes a night on one of the worst defences in the league. With his contract I wouldn’t even take him for free. But it’s Chiarelli so who the **** knows.

1, I'm not a Rangers fan. 2, Nurse is nowhere near as good as Shattenkirk.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Did they actually offer Hall for Shatty?

Hall one for one
Shattenkirk also nuked a TB deal for Druin who went to the Habs later

NHL trade rumors: Kevin Shattenkirk vetoes deal; Dennis Wideman on the move? Flyers, Sabres selling?

How Taylor Hall almost didn't become a Devil

The Devils' deal to acquire forward Taylor Hall from the Edmonton Oilers on June 30, 2016, only happened after another trade involving the left-winger reportedly fell through.

due to EU laws the link for original article is unavailable to me

The time that Shattenkirk was almost an Oiler

While Shattenkirk did not have a NTC the deal with both the Oilers and Bolts were hinged on him signing a 7 year deal and because he declined the extention offers--the deals fell through

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
While I think this would be funny, I suspect that Edmonton would be on his no trade list.

This, he didn’t want to come to Edmonton 2 years ago when it was rumored St. Louis and Edmonton had a deal lined up, why would he come now

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Hall one for one
Shattenkirk also nuked a TB deal for Druin who went to the Habs later

NHL trade rumors: Kevin Shattenkirk vetoes deal; Dennis Wideman on the move? Flyers, Sabres selling?

How Taylor Hall almost didn't become a Devil

The Devils' deal to acquire forward Taylor Hall from the Edmonton Oilers on June 30, 2016, only happened after another trade involving the left-winger reportedly fell through.

due to EU laws the link for original article is unavailable to me

The time that Shattenkirk was almost an Oiler

While Shattenkirk did not have a NTC the deal with both the Oilers and Bolts were hinged on him signing a 7 year deal and because he declined the extention offers--the deals fell through
Thanks for sharing. I wonder how Hall would be on the Lightning. And Oilers fans are lucky they went with Larsson instead after seeing his contract and Shattenkirks steep drop off.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
This is actually a quite easy deal to make if Shattenkirk accepts a deal and the Rangers retain 50%

Shattenkirk half retained for Kassian and a 2nd. Rangers either deal Kassian off for a low pick or bury him in the minors. Edmonton essentially pays 1 million more this year and 3 million next year. Not a big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad