Kevin Poulin Appreciation Thread

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Show me a time when the team deserved a win but Poulin held them back.

Show me.

You guys gotta chill. Put away your pitchforks and torches please cuz some of these posts are just ridiculous. Sure, he let in a couple bad ones yesterday...but that team was gonna lose anyway. Any team that plays that type of hockey in the 3rd period doesn't deserve to win.

The guy is only 25 - Still an infant in goalie years. Saying stuff like "it's clear he's not the answer!" is just plain foolish considering 1) how young he is, and 2) how good he's looked at times this season....especially as of late.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Show me a time when the team deserved a win but Poulin held them back.

Show me.

You guys gotta chill. Put away your pitchforks and torches please cuz some of these posts are just ridiculous. Sure, he let in a couple bad ones yesterday...but that team was gonna lose anyway. Any team that plays that type of hockey in the 3rd period doesn't deserve to win.

The guy is only 25 - Still an infant in goalie years. Saying stuff like "it's clear he's not the answer!" is just plain foolish considering 1) how young he is, and 2) how good he's looked at times this season....especially as of late.

He let in a COUPLE bad ones but the game was lost anyway? Sorry you can win when your goalie is letting in a couple bad ones.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
He let in a COUPLE bad ones but the game was lost anyway? Sorry you can win when your goalie is letting in a couple bad ones.

Happens to every goalie bud. Fact is after the 2 ugly goals the team fought back and regained the lead going into the 3rd where they simply stopped playing and just tried to hang on. And the rest is history.

Hang the loss on Poulin if you want, but that'd be wrong

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Happens to every goalie bud. Fact is after the 2 ugly goals the team fought back and regained the lead going into the 3rd where they simply stopped playing and just tried to hang on. And the rest is history.

That loss was on Poulin, IMO. It was easily the worst game I've ever seen him play. Every part of his game was awful. Letting in soft goals; terrible positioning; terrible rebound control. That, combined with the officiating(Okposo spear; JT no-goal) is the reason we lost on Saturday.

Not going to downplay what he was doing prior to that game. He looked good, and absolutely helped us win a few games, but last game he looked like an AHL goalie. IF that same Poulin shows up today, it really won't matter how strong the rest of the team looks. We won't win.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

I'm usually a pro Poulin type of guy but he's not ready. That game showed exactly why Snow needed to grab a goalie. One of the biggest games of the season and he blew it. In a perfect world Poulin is still developing in the AHL. Maybe if we had a real goaltending coach he could teach him better positioning but who needs that?

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I'd have to disagree. Going into the 3rd we had the lead and blew it...not because of Poulin, but because we played with our tails between our legs.

We should of had a bigger lead, not to mention what Poulin was doing on the 5th goal. Poulin was our worst player that night. You cannot have bad goaltending amd compete...

Also, this club had difficulty at the end of the first, directly after Poulin lets in a garbageee goal.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
We should of had a bigger lead, not to mention what Poulin was doing on the 5th goal. Poulin was our worst player that night. You cannot have bad goaltending amd compete...

Also, this club had difficulty at the end of the first, directly after Poulin lets in a garbageee goal.

Sure, I can play that game.

JT missed an open net in the 2nd. If he didn't flub his shot we would have had a bigger lead. He's paid to score just like Poulins paid to make saves. Some of the blame should fall squarely on his shoulders too, according to your logic. You can't blame one and not the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad