Kevin Lowes sorry record for the Oilers...

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Kevin Lowe isn't the one organizing the on ice product of the Edmonton Oilers. HE is organizing the sports business of Katz. "

But he's Head of Hockey Operations.
But he hasn't been a key player in making this team a laughingstock, & shouldn't be accountable cause he's not a player or a coach.
Unbelievable

There are alot more who are a lot more responsible.

Tell it straight, do you think the players/system are under performing based on their pedigree? If the answer is no, then you have a problem with the GM and ultimately with Lowe.

Billybaroo*

There are alot more who are a lot more responsible.

Tell it straight, do you think the players/system are under performing based on their pedigree? If the answer is no, then you have a problem with the GM and ultimately with Lowe.

My god. First of all he has nothing to do with the on ice product, now there are more who are more responsible.
You've come a long ways baby!!
And who could possibly be more culpable than Lowe, whose at the top of the hockey operations food chain? Yak? Omar? Eakins?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
My god. First of all he has nothing to do with the on ice product, now there are more who are more responsible.
And who could possibly be more culpable than Lowe, whose at the top of the hockey operations food chain? Yak? Omar? Eakins?

Apparently in his world, the head honchos are not responsible for the failings of their companies. Whether Lowe has anything to do with the players on the ice is irrelevant anyway. Even if he doesn't, he hires the people who do. No matter how you slice it, responsibility for it all comes back to him. Two GMs and five coaches have tried their hand at this since Lowe became President, and the results have been consistently disastrous. Is it too soon to say maybe Kevin hasn't been hiring the right people? :sarcasm:

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton

Yawn, I bet Lowe and MacT are rueing the day they traded Horcoff. Such a convenient target.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Yawn, I bet Lowe and MacT are rueing the day they traded Horcoff. Such a convenient target.

They should have been rueing the 7 years of top dollar and term they handed to him after an injury year. Oh wait? did Lowe not have a hand in that gem?

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I wish I could have a sincere chat with Lowe and MacTavish, and have them explain to me as simply as possible why they did this.

fudgeeo

Nov 1, 2013
remember when CBC was thinking about not bringing back Ron Maclean and pretty much every hockey fan in Canada rallied to make CBC bring him back? well us oiler fans need to do the same for a fire Kevin Lowe. because anybody who thinks he is not running the show behind macT is not thinking hard enough about it

Billybaroo*

Yes, its enough, that's how poor your argument is.

Coming from a guy who didn't even know what Lowes job is/was, and didn't hold him responsible for this abomination, I'm feeling pretty solid about my argument.
Its better than" He isn't the guy throwing the puck away" bit argument.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site

Just so I'm clear on what you're saying... you're saying that Lowe and MacTavish should have kept Horcoff so that people would be mad at Horcoff instead of mad at Lowe and MacTavish?

I don't think anything embodies a loser mentality more strongly than keeping scapegoats around to absorb blame when things go wrong.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Apparently in his world, the head honchos are not responsible for the failings of their companies. Whether Lowe has anything to do with the players on the ice is irrelevant anyway. Even if he doesn't, he hires the people who do. No matter how you slice it, responsibility for it all comes back to him. Two GMs and five coaches have tried their hand at this since Lowe became President, and the results have been consistently disastrous. Is it too soon to say maybe Kevin hasn't been hiring the right people? :sarcasm:

If PM Harper's not responsible for what happens in his own office, and a crack-smoking mayor can hold onto his job because he's sorry, then Lowe still running the Oil all makes sense...

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
According to the National Post Kevin Lowe is currently scouting for the Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team for Sochi 2014.

Yzerman must see something in Lowe that many in Edmonton don't.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...-canadas-mens-hockey-roster-for-the-olympics/

What's to scout really? I mean everyone knows or can tell you who's going to make the team and who shouldn't. It's not like he's finding the next prospect. Kevin Lowe should focus on his team, maybe that's what other GMs are doing and getting occupied with a lousy Team Canada job.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
What's to scout really? I mean everyone knows or can tell you who's going to make the team and who shouldn't. It's not like he's finding the next prospect. Kevin Lowe should focus on his team, maybe that's what other GMs are doing and getting occupied with a lousy Team Canada job.

To be honest I'd rather he scout for Team Canada full time and leave the Oilers to a more qualified President of Hockey Operations.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
To be honest I'd rather he scout for Team Canada full time and leave the Oilers to a more qualified President of Hockey Operations.

Well said. I really think it's time for the entire brass to leave. I mean entire brass, not just Lowe.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Katz is responsible because he hired k.Lowe, and we fans (all tiers) are ultimately responsible for giving Katz the revenue he needs to keep this show going. Can't you see? It's all our fault!

Fire the fans!!!!

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
kevin_lowe_deal_with_it.jpg

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
According to the National Post Kevin Lowe is currently scouting for the Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team for Sochi 2014.

Yzerman must see something in Lowe that many in Edmonton don't.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...-canadas-mens-hockey-roster-for-the-olympics/

Creating an all-star team is not the same as creating a cap-limited team. You could let the fans vote for who they think should be on the roster for the olympics and it probably wouldn't deviate too much from the professionals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad