Kevin Lowe - The Most Inept Executive in NHL History

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Not sure why but this reminded me of Lowe's sabbatical that Katz shot down.
Lmfao what an organization.

Please dont believe this for a second. If an employee really wants to go they can go. Look at your own job. Just window dressing from this incompetent management group. Lowe wants a job for life. Guy probably would be homeless without Katz.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Please dont believe this for a second. If an employee really wants to go they can go. Look at your own job. Just window dressing from this incompetent management group. Lowe wants a job for life. Guy probably would be homeless without Katz.

naaa....he still has all the zillions of dollars he made as an NHL d-man.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Ha ha common now. I know he has some businesses, including a BP's franchise or a few, etc. These aren't the typical football or basketball players with money we are talking about.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I don't doubt that Lowe, MacT, Howson are doing their best, but it's not good enough. They just aren't good at their jobs.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Other Gms are probably trying to screw Edmonton over on every trade offer,and many free agents don't want to come to a City where the climate can be awful.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly, reading garbage like this extremely disheartening. Makes it hard to be a fan. Find myself watching less and less Oiler hockey, and I feel that will continue being the case until Klowe is gone.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
How does this piece of **** show his face in public? I can't imagine other people in hockey don't snicker behind his back.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
The Oilers will still be bad even after Lowe is gone.

I don't get what you are insinuating there? Are you trying to say there is some kind of super natural suckage here? Or are you just trying to give out the holier than thou, step away from the edge post?

Of course they will still be bad immediately after Lowe is gone. But once a competent PoHO is brought in, a few years down the road they will be a respectable hockey club.

If you think the problems with this club are caused by anything other than hockey operations, you are out of your mind. Yes you can point your finger at the players, but really, who were the guys who put them there?

Give your head a shake.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Like, the day after? Yeah, I agree.

Long term, it will obviously depend on who he's replaced with. Another idiot, long term Oilers will be bad too. Someone with good experience in the NHL and a proper vision of what needs to be done to fix this team? Then we should be far better off long term.

If you're somehow implying that there is some kind of Oilers curse that cannot ever be overcome even after we hire intelligent people into management, I guess all these years of losing have been hitting you harder than most :)

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me

They set a franchise record for lowest points total this season. With Lowe gone, ANY president who takes over will be more competent at their job and the Oilers will do better. It does not take many years of being bad to make the playoffs. Competent management teams can get their teams in the playoffs in 1-2 seasons, and there are many examples of new management doing this for other franchises. The sooner K Lowe is gone, the better off the team will be.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I think the weather is a very convenient excuse.

Minnesota, Calgary, Detroit, Winnipeg, Montreal, Buffalo and Montreal all have similar weather.

Edmonton has more going culturally and socially than Minnesota, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Detroit.

Edmonton is just a putrid organization, and the players don't want to play for Lowe.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think the weather is a very convenient excuse.

Minnesota, Calgary, Detroit, Winnipeg, Montreal, Buffalo and Montreal all have similar weather.

Edmonton has more going culturally and socially than Minnesota, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Buffalo, and Detroit.

Edmonton is just a putrid organization, and the players don't want to play for Lowe.

You think? It's the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard. Not like the weather kept people from coming to Oiler games in the past..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad