Confirmed with Link: Kevin Lowe Retiring as Vice Chair

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wonder if there will be any billboards thanking him for his service? 🤪
Put one on back of a pick up truck and park it outside of Rogers place legally parked. See what the org does...

Some will get that joke.

hint, what the Oilers did with the guy that had "fire low" billboard on back of pick up truck.

Are we supposed to be appreciative in this thread? For K Lowe I won't measure up.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Still under the same payroll as Keith, Smith and Kane provided by Katz

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Thank f***. Get rid of all of these old clowns who were miserable failures in the front office.

Hope he has a good retirement and nothing against him personally but the further the OBC is away from the team, the better.
I'm looking up what responsibilities an "ambassador" has. Hopefully none, and unpaid. But then again he's had no job description for years.

Its sad that a man actually drastically reduced his reputation through his poor management. Some people would be best suited to just walk away from hockey when playing career is done. Had K Lowe done that he would be revered and respected. K lowe never had the right tone for management and this exhibited far back as Comrie debacle and then later with Ryan Smyth, Its weird that a player that lobbied for player rights wanted none of it for players once he became a manager himself.

PeteEakins

Oct 9, 2021
- Was the Oilers first draft pick.
- Was a leader on multiple championship teams
- Coached the Oilers to a respectable record
- Had an unreal off-season in 2005 and followed that up with one of the best trade deadlines in franchise history in 2006
- Was always involved with the local community

Kevin Lowe, I can only speak for myself. You will be missed and I wish you a happy retirement.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
I wonder if there will be any billboards thanking him for his service? 🤪
I would honestly contribute if someone were to make a go fund me to put one up

Guy was a gem in the community

- Was the Oilers first draft pick.
- Was a leader on multiple championship teams
- Coached the Oilers to a respectable record
- Had an unreal off-season in 2005 and followed that up with one of the best trade deadlines in franchise history in 2006
- Was always involved with the local community

Kevin Lowe, I can only speak for myself. You will be missed and I wish you a happy retirement.
Well said

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Massive downgrade for the org in winning. Losing the biggest winner that ever won and the entire org will be worse off for it. His winning aura was keeping this team from being AHL quality for over 2 decades.
Charlie-Sheen-Winning-gif.gif

Reactions: oobga

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Very good player and for good or ill Lowe architected the last Oilers team to reach an SCF. However, I can’t help but think he had his finger on the scale these last few years with the Nicholson, Chia and especially Holland hires.

Hoping his retirement actually means he is retired, and he spends as much of his time as far from our front office as possible. Happy trails otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i think if people take a step back and appreciate Lowe for everything he has brought to the oilers he should be remembered for his loyalty to blue and orange....

having said that......the timing of this on the heels of the hockey canada stuff seems kinda sus lol

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Kevin Lowe did his absolute very best for the organization. WE can argue results but he bled Oiler blue in a way that very few people did. I met him once and he was a gentleman ( I was drunk at the time)

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3