Seravalli: Kevin Labanc waived by the Sharks (or not)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Yeah... His dad & mom, Milan (former hockey player) & Anika, only moved to the US from Slovakia in 1994, and Kevin was born the following year.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly I’d guess Seravalli was wrong than this was on the Sharks. Super weird timing to put him on waivers with him just being told he was going to make his season debut. Quinn also JUST talked him up yesterday.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Frank should own up to this if his source was wrong, because saying they reversed course within like 30 minutes seems sketchy as f***.
Yep definitely. I mean don’t get me wrong Sharks and NHL teams in general make weird decisions all the time but it was weird timing in the first place and even weirder claiming they reversed.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
$1 million owed
Vs
$6 million owed

What do you think?
Vancouver would have to be STUPID desperate to pay like $5 mill in real cash for $$1.2 million in cap space.

I think you're right. The only way the trade would happen is Vancouver being stupid.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

ok cool now please (re)waive Emberson,
Sharks not playing him and his pals/fans in Hartford would love to have him back
[ if NYR claim him back, and are only claim, he can be assigned to AHL immediately ]

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
1697736682480.gif

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If he’s only got a year or two left at that number, the Blackhawks should take a flier.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I'm convinced that the only reason sj signed him to his current contract is because he took that 1x1 a few years back. He looked good the year before and just never amounted to anything after that.
They kind of owed him one as he clearly could have dug his heels in a lot more. Maybe not the best business decision on the surface to honour the back half of what was pretty clearly a handshake agreement but players take note of these things

Reactions: hurdemz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad