Player Discussion Kevin Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
There was never any reasonable point in trading him and especially with his cap hit.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
There was never any reasonable point in trading him and especially with his cap hit.

People were talking about trading players to clear cap space. With McIlrath and Skjei close to making the team last summer, the talk was about D-men.

Yandle is too valuable, same goes for McDonagh.

Boyle, Staal and Girardi have a no-move clause. The only D-man who we could possibly trade was Klein. People did not want him gone, they wanted to allocate more money to our offense. It could have possibly helped us signing a guy like Justin Williams as a free agent.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
People were talking about trading players to clear cap space. With McIlrath and Skjei close to making the team last summer, the talk was about D-men.

Yandle is too valuable, same goes for McDonagh.

Boyle, Staal and Girardi have a no-move clause. The only D-man who we could possibly trade was Klein. People did not want him gone, they wanted to allocate more money to our offense. It could have possibly helped us signing a guy like Justin Williams as a free agent.

Ugh..Signing Boyle was such a mistake..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ugh..Signing Boyle was such a mistake..

At the time is was the right call. Short-term contract for a guy who can QB the powerplay. We bought out Richards and needed a guy to take his role on the PP.

And before anyone starts this crap again, Stralman was not that guy when the decision was made in 2014. His whopping 38 points in 3 seasons were a good indicator

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Any chance he comes back in the final stretch healed from his back issues and is able to play a competent d? Him and Smith could be a nice pairing if his back issues are the reason he regressed so much this season???

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Any chance he comes back in the final stretch healed from his back issues and is able to play a competent d? Him and Smith could be a nice pairing if his back issues are the reason he regressed so much this season???

Hard to see him getting in the lineup if Girardi comes back first. Do you see AV sitting any of these guys for him?

Girardi/Staal - LOL
Holden - Doubtful
Skjei/Smith - Would be a bad sign

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
If Skjei or Smith sat for Klein AV should be fired on the spot with no questions asked.

I legitimately have no idea who comes out for Klein and that frightens me.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
That's a good point it should be whoever is playing worse between staal and Girardi. I guess lately that "prize" has to be given to the former . Again that's if Klein is fully healthy and the back issues are what really made him regress so much.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Has to be injury that's limiting his every move. You don't go from a totally reliable, hard hitting, decent offensively (remember 9 mostly clutch goals) to......What he has been this year. It's not hardly ever going to be that dramatic of a change from one year to next. Something is wrong and has been since his original injury which kept him out earlier. I'd bet on it.

If he does.....Then we could easily have a much steadier top 4 or at the least the 3rd pair wouldn't be so "iffy".

Thing is when he returned he was still thought of as Klein from last year and it just hasn't been even close. Hope he comes back stronger than ever this time. I'm sure this is why he's been out so long.....They want him back 100% and then some.

Either way, I think he's gonna get traded during off season with 1 year left on a very reasonable contract.

Maybe LV would accept him in a trade so they keep away from who we really want to not lose.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Has to be injury that's limiting his every move. You don't go from a totally reliable, hard hitting, decent offensively (remember 9 mostly clutch goals) to......What he has been this year. It's not hardly ever going to be that dramatic of a change from one year to next. Something is wrong and has been since his original injury which kept him out earlier. I'd bet on it.

If he does.....Then we could easily have a much steadier top 4 or at the least the 3rd pair wouldn't be so "iffy".

Thing is when he returned he was still thought of as Klein from last year and it just hasn't been even close. Hope he comes back stronger than ever this time. I'm sure this is why he's been out so long.....They want him back 100% and then some.

Either way, I think he's gonna get traded during off season with 1 year left on a very reasonable contract.

Maybe LV would accept him in a trade so they keep away from who we really want to not lose.

I'm pretty sure he's had the same nagging back injury all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad