Player Discussion Kevin Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, Klein is not looking too hot and I'm afraid he won't return to how he looked earlier in the season.

He struggled last year returning from an injury. I'd give it some time, but this might just be the player he is.

Plays well, gets injured, doesn't play well when he returns. Eventually regains his form, gets injured, doesn't play well when he returns.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
He struggled last year returning from an injury. I'd give it some time, but this might just be the player he is.

Plays well, gets injured, doesn't play well when he returns. Eventually regains his form, gets injured, doesn't play well when he returns.

That's a highly specific kind of player :P

I don't know how he suffered the last injury, but the first one was a broken bone ala OV. There's a lot of forearm manipulation while playing hockey, so I have no issues with how long it took him to return and the fact that he was not 100% for the playoffs.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
That's a highly specific kind of player :P

I don't know how he suffered the last injury, but the first one was a broken bone ala OV. There's a lot of forearm manipulation while playing hockey, so I have no issues with how long it took him to return and the fact that he was not 100% for the playoffs.

And still far more ab/trunk involvement, so that should definitely be the case now. He more or less had a low-grade abdominal tear, that's a major injury.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I feel like he deserves a bump because we need positive things in our hockey lives at this point in the season.

As much of an issue as I've had with Girardi playing with McDonagh, I think Klein is the opposite. He's just the easiest guy in the world for McDonagh to play with.

He's over 50% CF% on the season with fairly tough usage and his level of play has been a steal for the contract he has. I hope it's a contract he plays to its duration with us.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Klein was spec-tac-ular tonight.

I can't believe the advanced stats. They're ridiculous.

He had a 73.5 CF% 5v5 with only 30% ZSO tonight. That's amazing. It's actually disgusting ... considering he had almost 19 minutes of 5v5 time (most on the team tonight). That's not a small sample size for a game. Legit first pairing minutes. Also had 85.7% HSCF%. ****ing unreal.

Basically... when Klein was on the ice, we were blitzing the Islanders.

McD had nice numbers, too. Only a 58.1 Corsi, though. :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Klein and McDonagh are straight monsters together. McDonagh has looked better than any time in recent memory over the last few games.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
keep these 2 together.

keep McIlrath & Yandle together (despite a so-so game from them last night)... and then the other 3 defenseman can have fun on the 3rd pair.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Klein was spec-tac-ular tonight.

I can't believe the advanced stats. They're ridiculous.

He had a 73.5 CF% 5v5 with only 30% ZSO tonight. That's amazing. It's actually disgusting ... considering he had almost 19 minutes of 5v5 time (most on the team tonight). That's not a small sample size for a game. Legit first pairing minutes. Also had 85.7% HSCF%. ****ing unreal.

Basically... when Klein was on the ice, we were blitzing the Islanders.

McD had nice numbers, too. Only a 58.1 Corsi, though. :laugh:

Klein and McDonagh are straight monsters together. McDonagh has looked better than any time in recent memory over the last few games.

KK was on the ice for 25 Ranger shot attempts and 9 Isles attempts

keep these 2 together.

keep McIlrath & Yandle together (despite a so-so game from them last night)... and then the other 3 defenseman can have fun on the 3rd pair.

Those possession stats are insanity... It's crazy how good McDonagh plays when he's with a competent partner...

I remember saying back in the day that Klein was viewed like a poor mans Stralman, and he's clearly coming around into that.

McDonagh-Klein and Yandle-McIlrath should be the top 4--hands down. the bottom pairings should be rotated games--there's no excuse at this point if this team (read, this clown of a coach) wants to win...

With these performances, they are running out of excuses for Girardi, there's no other words for it.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Those possession stats are insanity... It's crazy how good McDonagh plays when he's with a competent partner...

I remember saying back in the day that Klein was viewed like a poor mans Stralman, and he's clearly coming around into that.

McDonagh-Klein and Yandle-McIlrath should be the top 4--hands down. the bottom pairings should be rotated games--there's no excuse at this point if this team (read, this clown of a coach) wants to win...

With these performances, they are running out of excuses for Girardi, there's no other words for it.
I wish we could swap Klein's contract and Girardi's contract. Klein lives up to the dollar value, no question.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Eating much crow on Klein this season. It's great he's able to play at that level, but even better he's saving McDonagh from Girardi.

Oh god if they had traded him like I wanted in the offseason.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hope he doesn't miss much time. Very important to this team. Glad mcilrath gets some time in his absence but definitely still a huge hole with Klein out of lineup. Hope he's able to avoid injury bug down the stretch

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He could've helped, but we were also without our starting goalie who probably would've saved two of the goals that Raanta didn't.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
there was a time when I said Diaz would be a better option than Klein

kinda happy I wasn't running the team that day.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Half the board wanted to trade KK and now he's the a #2 Dman? Yeah..right up until he has a bad game or gets injured, then it's send out the lynch mob..Brilliant! :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Half the board wanted to trade KK and now he's the a #2 Dman? Yeah..right up until he has a bad game or gets injured, then it's send out the lynch mob..Brilliant! :laugh:

The reason some people wanted to trade him was because the Wonder Twins have a no-move clause and nobody wants to trade McDonagh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad