Confirmed with Link: Kevin Klein to NYR for Michael Del Zotto

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
lol, I was thinking the exact opposite with his beautiful stretch passes and his knack for the offensive zone.

I tend to be of this mindset, but I could also see him being exposed defensively quite a bit.

On the other hand, a few Del Zotto-to-Stalberg stretch passes could be good for about 15 goals :laugh:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
But he had to have some finish to his game.
Either way, he's high risk (so to speak), high reward. You'll find plenty of Hawks fans that aren't at all shocked he had the season he did, then you'll find people who feel that Trotz sucked the life out of him and should be more productive in a regular system. Guess we'll see. I'm sure Lavy is giddy over what he could become though.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think he gets qualified tbh. I think he is one of those guys like Stalberg that had Poile about ready to choke Trotz by the end. Now that could change if Lavi comes in and says he doesn't want him, but he seems like a guy that would fit his system perfectly.

Who knows though, things that seem pretty logical, don't always end up being how it goes.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Gotta admit, I am watching and rooting for the Rangers now. Always loved the personality Kleiner brought to the team, and I hope the Rangers are benefiting from that attitude. I think MDZ will blossom under Lavi's schemes.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
If Stalberg learns now to finish I would agree.

Finishing is one of those skills you have or don't have. I doubt he's going to learn how to finish. Maybe he'll learn to shoot the puck on rushes and give his teammates chances to score off rebounds.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Finishing is one of those skills you have or don't have. I doubt he's going to learn how to finish. Maybe he'll learn to shoot the puck on rushes and give his teammates chances to score off rebounds.

Ask Smith about learning to finish then. Honestly I think it's all in his head. I also thought it was all in Smith's head. I thought he was trying to over think the shot as he was making it, which is why you saw him roof it so often. Just my opinion though.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I would have agreed with you until I saw Smith this season... kid seemed to learn how to get the puck past the goalie and score on chances that he used to miss in the past. So maybe there is hope for Stalberg

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

After following his career through 3 teams now, I doubt his offensive ability is suddenly going to change. Finish included. The best this team can hope for is that he isn't a liability on the ice and uses his primary asset, his speed, for all the right reasons instead of only between center ice and the opposing net. Not someone I'd ever consider putting on the PP, there are better options. That said, he can still be a valuable 3rd line role player, pot 15-18 goals, and use his speed to back up dmen to open up linemates.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ask Smith about learning to finish then. Honestly I think it's all in his head. I also thought it was all in Smith's head. I thought he was trying to over think the shot as he was making it, which is why you saw him roof it so often. Just my opinion though.

I've always felt it was all in his head, since he missed that completely wide open net his rookie season. I had hoped him having a good series at the Worlds would get him back on track and it seemed to have done that. Now to see if it was a fluke or not.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

Stalberg isn't gonna' learn to finish without better hands/puck skills. If you watch his rushes, it's not just he doesn't finish, it's he doesn't have control of the puck. Same with passing - anyone recall consistently good passing from him? (yes, yes, I know, to Goose and Clune how would you know, but still.....)

JamestheSame

Apr 18, 2012
Congrats to Klein for making the conference finals. I'm glad the trade worked out for him. Always liked him when he was here.Mainly for giving Corey Perry a punch to the chin.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
I'm more than a little surprised that Kleiner is getting the least TOI of all the Rangers D in the playoffs.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I'm more than a little surprised that Kleiner is getting the least TOI of all the Rangers D in the playoffs.

His lack of PK time is what is strange imo. I have never liked rooting for NY teams but I'll continue to root for and watch the Rangers as long as he is playing. Hope they go far and it would be awesome to see Klein raise the cup.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

His lack of PK time is what is strange imo. I have never liked rooting for NY teams but I'll continue to root for and watch the Rangers as long as he is playing. Hope they go far and it would be awesome to see Klein raise the cup.

I think it indicates(along with his contract to us that looked super sweet but might just be what the market would call for) that Klein is actually more of a thrid pair guy for any "good" team. We loved him and he looked good on our second pair but that could be because our top pair has always been so amazingly good.

Last edited:

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I think it indicates(along with his contract to us that looked super sweet) that Klein is actually more of a thrid pair guy for any "good" team. We loved him and he looked good on our second pair but that could be because our top pair has always been so amazingly good.

The rangers do have a lot of good players at D and Stralman has played way beyond what they expected out of him. I think Klein is a solid 2nd pairing guy and on their team he just fits best on the 3rd pairing. Klein did have his best year when he played with Josi though and we know how good Josi is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad