Confirmed with Link: Kevin Klein to NYR for Michael Del Zotto

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'm happy with this. At worst, it's a wash. If Delzotto recaptures his potential it's a steal. Sad to see Kleiner go at the same time, he was a good soldier.

Billy Mays Here*

Think it's a solid move for you guys. Obviously scoring up front may still be an issue but I really like that top 4 of DZ, Jones, Weber and Josi.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
We have way too many offensive defensemen now. I don't understand this trade unless Poile has something else up his sleeve

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Wowwwww

I like MDZ

More than Klein

But kleins contract is one of the best

That said, I still don't mind it

MdZ has lots of untapped potential. No better place for him to reach it

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Klein was a RHD. Jones and Weber are too, he didn't fit in the top 4 and would be wasted on bottom pair. I think seeing as MDZ is a RFA he will be re-signed.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Not sure why. I like Klein more than Del Zotto - who has been slumping in New York.

If Josi is going someplace - may make more sense.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
So our D will look something like this:

Josi - Weber (swap that **** on the PP)
Del Zotto - Jones (same as above for PP)
Ekholm - Ellis
Extra: Bartley

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
So our D will look something like this:

Josi - Weber (swap that **** on the PP)
Del Zotto - Jones (same as above for PP)
Ekholm - Ellis
Extra: Bartley

I like it going forward. Don't get the moaning from people. Klein was becoming more and more expendable. Barely noticed him last few games apart from the fight.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Fantastic trade.

MDZ-Weber
Josi-Jones

That top six in 2-3 years. Heck yes.

This also opens the door for ellis to be moved as we no longer need him on the point. Starting to think Poile isn't the problem but Trotz is.

Oh my gosh what a fantastic deal going forward. Makes us worse in the short term but so much better long term. Another young defenseman who is ready to blossom. Yes. Yes. YES

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Del Zotto has been terrible for NYR. Klein was on a great contract for a longtime. Still have a crap offense.

MDZ is 23 years old. Have you seen the D men he has been competiting for icetime with? Staal, McD, Girardi, and a quickly emerging Moore.

This is exactly what the Preds needed. We had too many RHD and not enough left. This is a lateral move and the present with a lot of potential in the future.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
.. I get training Klein for futures.. But not another d ... How young does our d have to be... Ellis and Mdz to me is to much of the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad