Confirmed with Link: Kevin Klein to NYR for Michael Del Zotto

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The rangers do have a lot of good players at D and Stralman has played way beyond what they expected out of him. I think Klein is a solid 2nd pairing guy and on their team he just fits best on the 3rd pairing. Klein did have his best year when he played with Josi though and we know how good Josi is now.

I think you are right. Klein's play can depend on his partner.

I think when klein and Hamhuis were paired it was one of the worst results we have had considering they were both good players

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think you are right. Klein's play can depend on his partner.

I think when klein and Hamhuis were paired it was one of the worst results we have had considering they were both good players

Klein hadn't really come into his own yet when he played with Hamhuis. I'll say this as a fan of both the Rangers and the Predators... I think Klein is a legitimate 2nd pair defenseman. Two things are counting against him here.

The first is that every other defenseman on the team not named Raphael Diaz knows the system the Rangers play better than Klein does. It's a very difficult system for a defenseman to play. All of the other guys slogged through training camp and the chaos that it took to solidify the team defensively. With a full training camp, I'm confident that Klein would look fine on Staal's right side.

The second is that Anton Stralman is in his way. He's playing like a 2nd pair D and he has the knowledge of the system. That being said, I'm so happy we have Klein, because Stralman is our most likely cap casualty this offseason.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Klein hadn't really come into his own yet when he played with Hamhuis. I'll say this as a fan of both the Rangers and the Predators... I think Klein is a legitimate 2nd pair defenseman. Two things are counting against him here.

The first is that every other defenseman on the team not named Raphael Diaz knows the system the Rangers play better than Klein does. It's a very difficult system for a defenseman to play. All of the other guys slogged through training camp and the chaos that it took to solidify the team defensively. With a full training camp, I'm confident that Klein would look fine on Staal's right side.

The second is that Anton Stralman is in his way. He's playing like a 2nd pair D and he has the knowledge of the system. That being said, I'm so happy we have Klein, because Stralman is our most likely cap casualty this offseason.

thats certainly a fair assessment. I just had the feeling that when Klein jumped at such a modest contract that maybe he knew he was reaping the benefit of the system and players he was playing with..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad