Kevin Klein loses part of ear, then scores game winner

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
crosby complained to the refs the entire commercial break before the rangers 4 minute power play. hard to imagine what his argument was considering sill took off part of klein's ear.

Id imagine that its cause it was 4 minutes for "high sticking" when Klein was practically on his knees and his face was even with the logo on the front of Sill's jersey.

I get that the rule states that it is a high stick when it goes aboce the shoulders of the opponent but seriously? What if the opponent is sitting on the ice and gets hit in the face? Laying down?

Where is this line drawn?

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
Id imagine that its cause it was 4 minutes for "high sticking" when Klein was practically on his knees and his face was even with the logo on the front of Sill's jersey.

I get that the rule states that it is a high stick when it goes aboce the shoulders of the opponent but seriously? What if the opponent is sitting on the ice and gets hit in the face? Laying down?

Where is this line drawn?

The line is typically drawn when the player is hit in the face with the stick. :sarcasm:

But anyway.. Hockey players are by far the toughest bread of athletes collectively in my mind. I love seeing things like this. Makes me love the game even more.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
It was a lucky goal and a lucky OT win for the Rangers who were outplayed by the B-Penguins squad in that one.

It was a hard slapshot from the point that was slightly deflected, wasn't that lucky. And i'd say the Pens were more lucky to tie it up how they did rather than the Rangers winning the game in OT.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
It was a lucky goal and a lucky OT win for the Rangers who were outplayed by the B-Penguins squad in that one.

That said, Kevin Klein is a warrior and a very solid underrated player, too. He is hitting a net with his shots a lot and the good things are happening. Good for him. MDZ for Klein trade was a clear win for the Rangers.

You sound sour about the loss in the first part of your post. That being said good on Kevin. Takes a warrior to do that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad