Kevin Klein loses part of ear, then scores game winner

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/...e-winner-after-part-of-ear-ripped-off-120814#

In last nights game against the Penguins, Kevin Klein lost part of his ear and had to get stitches. He returns to the game and scores the game-winner in Overtime, notching his 6th goal of the season and second game-winner.

There were rumblings after the game that the goal was going to be credited to Dominic Moore, but I don't know if that actually happened.

On a side note, the guy has been rock solid defensively and is now putting up points (leads the defenseman in goals/points).

It's amazing that he was acquired for Michael Del Zotto and his cap hit is less than 3 million a season

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/...e-winner-after-part-of-ear-ripped-off-120814#

In last nights game against the Penguins, Kevin Klein lost part of his ear and had to get stitches. He returns to the game and scores the game-winner in Overtime, notching his 6th goal of the season and second game-winner.

There were rumblings after the game that the goal was going to be credited to Dominic Moore, but I don't know if that actually happened.

On a side note, the guy has been rock solid defensively and is now putting up points (leads the defenseman in goals/points).

It's amazing that he was acquired for Michael Del Zotto and his cap hit is less than 3 million a season

I wanted him on Toronto so badly.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
It was a lucky goal and a lucky OT win for the Rangers who were outplayed by the B-Penguins squad in that one.

That said, Kevin Klein is a warrior and a very solid underrated player, too. He is hitting a net with his shots a lot and the good things are happening. Good for him. MDZ for Klein trade was a clear win for the Rangers.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sorry, when you have Crosby and Malkin out there on the ice, you aren't facing a B-squad team.

I think he meant outplayed in the game in general, not specifically the OT.

I thought they ended up crediting the OT goal to Dominic Moore, did they change it back to Klein? Also, I didn't realize his ear came off on that high stick. Gross.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Sorry, when your playing against Crosby and Malkin you can't consider your lineup a B Squad. You just cant. And last I checked, every team has injuires.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
I thought he was great in the Pink Panther movie. Is he the first hollywood star to become an NHL player?

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
crosby complained to the refs the entire commercial break before the rangers 4 minute power play. hard to imagine what his argument was considering sill took off part of klein's ear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->