Value of: Kevin Hayes

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Really wanted Pitt to trade for him. I hope we trade away Kessel, Bjugstad, Maatta, Gudbranson, and then sign Hayes for our 3C. Would easily pay 6 or 7 for 5 years for him.

It is a long shot tho

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If we were to pay 6.5 + for him I'd want it on a shorter term. If he were more willing to sign in the 5.5-6M range I'd be open to longer contracts

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I would like NYI to look into Hayes and also re-sign Nelson. Having good center depth is important to a winning team. Former Ranger who probably still has ties to the area.

Brazal - Nelson - Hayes - Cizikas

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
He's a solid middle 6 guy who has been overrated a ton all year and will be overpaid in UFA making him a passable yet inefficient asset that likely will be fine for whichever team gets him but will never live up to the expectations of the deal he signs.

He's worth 5.5x4-5 years but he will get far more than that and the more he gets the worse value he will have.

There is really no justification for him getting more than Stastny did last year with an inflation adjustment.
No justification for him getting more then Stastny? 2 guys who put up similar numbers AND Stastny is 7 years older. I would absolutely give Hayes Stastny money.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
No justification for him getting more then Stastny? 2 guys who put up similar numbers AND Stastny is 7 years older. I would absolutely give Hayes Stastny money.

The only area Hayes is better than Stastny is his age and my argument is that there is no circumstance that he should make more. If he made the same it would still not be good but tbh it'll likely be worse.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If we were to pay 6.5 + for him I'd want it on a shorter term. If he were more willing to sign in the 5.5-6M range I'd be open to longer contracts

Tbh this is the real argument. The Avs could give him crazy AAV if its only a 2-3 year term with all the ELCs they will have on the books but anything longer than that would cause them serious issues.

If he was willing to sign between 5.5-6 then term isn't really an issue anymore as that is a fair amount for what he would bring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad