Value of: Kevin Hayes

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes Col could need depth for sure next season.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Sabres will try.
They would have to overpay of course.

5 x $7-7.5

No, I don’t think he’s worth it but we are desperate for a 2C behind Eichel until Mittelstadt or “Krebs/Dach” are ready.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Am I missing something here? This is Kevin Hayes, right? 50 point 2nd line center not lighting the world on fire in any way?

Carl Soderberg signed for 6.5% of the cap when he came to Colorado. Which is exactly what Hayes signed for this year. He shouldn't be paid significantly more. Around 6-6.25mil max, that's Kyle Turris or Paul Stastny money.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think he'd be a good fit in Carolina, slotting into the 2c between Aho and Staal. However, I doubt the management team is willing to pay what he will get July 1st.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Am I missing something here? This is Kevin Hayes, right? 50 point 2nd line center not lighting the world on fire in any way?

Carl Soderberg signed for 6.5% of the cap when he came to Colorado. Which is exactly what Hayes signed for this year. He shouldn't be paid significantly more. Around 6-6.25mil max, that's Kyle Turris or Paul Stastny money.

I’d agree with that. I don’t think he’s worth more than 6 million, personally.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Tampa should be involved if they can clear some of those contracts.
Tampa bay is still a very good team. Yeah they fell short, which I honestly think is due to not playing any meaningful games down the stretch. Don’t think they need to be blowing things up. Maybe shed a little salary and find cheaper options to fill a spot or 2 but nothing crazy.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa bay is still a very good team. Yeah they fell short, which I honestly think is due to not playing any meaningful games down the stretch. Don’t think they need to be blowing things up. Maybe shed a little salary and find cheaper options to fill a spot or 2 but nothing crazy.
Tampa needs size. Someone that can make room for their smaller guys when the checking gets tighter. There's a few options on the UFA market that fit the bill, and Tampa should be looking at each and everyone one of them to find one that fits.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Paced for about 64 points this year playing 2nd line on a terrible team and has good defense. He’s also 6’5 which drives the price up . He’s also only 26

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He's a solid middle 6 guy who has been overrated a ton all year and will be overpaid in UFA making him a passable yet inefficient asset that likely will be fine for whichever team gets him but will never live up to the expectations of the deal he signs.

He's worth 5.5x4-5 years but he will get far more than that and the more he gets the worse value he will have.

There is really no justification for him getting more than Stastny did last year with an inflation adjustment.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->