Value of: Kevin Hayes

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
At many points you are right. If Conor Timmins is as good as you said, why is he still injured and he's never played in AHL.. his top league in the age of 20 is OHL? I know, he scored 5 pts in WJC-20 .. it was excelent and it is interesting. IMO we have similar defender - Sean Day. And what about Shane Bowers? He is 19 (still very young) and plays in Boston University (NCAA) - this year in 11 games 4 pts (-5) .. Both of them CAN be good players but they are not yet.
As you said "FO's usually don't ask their fans to approve trades".. the same is true for your fanbase.

Conor Timmins at eliteprospects.com
Shane Bowers at eliteprospects.com

Of course not, that’s how prospects work. That’s why you’d be getting three of them and we wouldn’t just have our problem solved.

Timmins hasn’t played because he’s injured. He’s just returned to skating recently so if all goes well, will have enough games for your scouts to check up on him before the draft and any suggested Zibby trade. But he’s a talented RHD prospect if he’s recovered fully. We just happen to have Barrie, EJ, Makar & Meloche on the right side as well.

Bowers is a big two way C who managed to out produce Tkachuk last season on the same team while being the same age. He’s not ask skilled as Tkachuk, but that’s why he wasn’t a top 5 pick and why he’s had a slower start this season with more attention on him now that Tkachuk is gone. But he still has Sodaberg / Hayes -esque talent to go with his great defensive game, for a rebuilding team that has plenty of time for him to develop, like y’all.

These kids just won’t be ready to help MacKinnon & co compete for the cup next season; which is why moving them for the right key piece would be makes sense for Colorado.

Gorton very well may not choose to sell Zibanejad, I’m just talking about the hypothetical where he does decide to sell him at the draft since you’ll be rebuilding through most of that contract you’ve got him signed to and so will have to give him a new deal when he’s 28 or 29 for him to be a part of your core when you are competing again.

Reactions: WeRa

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
At many points you are right. If Conor Timmins is as good as you said, why is he still injured and he's never played in AHL.. his top league in the age of 20 is OHL? I know, he scored 5 pts in WJC-20 .. it was excelent and it is interesting. IMO we have similar defender - Sean Day. And what about Shane Bowers? He is 19 (still very young) and plays in Boston University (NCAA) - this year in 11 games 4 pts (-5) .. Both of them CAN be good players but they are not yet.
As you said "FO's usually don't ask their fans to approve trades".. the same is true for your fanbase.

Conor Timmins at eliteprospects.com
Shane Bowers at eliteprospects.com

I’m a Rangers fan and Sean Day isn’t close to the player Conor Timmins is. He’s been a an exceptional two-way defender at every level he’s played and I actually think he’s a top 25 prospect in hockey. His recent injury woes have been cause for concern, but he’s been fantastic when healthy. Timmins + a 1st for Hayes would be a great deal for both sides.

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
I’m a Rangers fan and Sean Day isn’t close to the player Conor Timmins is. He’s been a an exceptional two-way defender at every level he’s played and I actually think he’s a top 25 prospect in hockey. His recent injury woes have been cause for concern, but he’s been fantastic when healthy. Timmins + a 1st for Hayes would be a great deal for both sides.
It sounds good. I was big fan of Sean Day but I'm not quite sure if he can plays in top level.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sean Day :laugh:

I'm not sure he could chew bubble gum and skate at the same time. That might require too much thinking.

And, yes, I am a NYR fan.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Skjei is 24 and signed until he's 29 @ 5.25M. You don't move him until a prospect has proved they can replace him. But let's think about that for a minute - we're talking about replacing a 24 year old right now. That doesn't make any sense. He's in his 3rd year - he will continue improving.

He's not paid top-dollar. That's 7-8M+.

The prospects you mentioned should replace guys like Staal and Smith. Not Skjei.
Miller will be a top pairing defensmen

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Near or at deadline, UFA Hayes with 50% retained is worth a late 1st and 4th, young change of scenery guy, and an A-/B+ prospect

Think Nash trade with a Redbull Vodka

Obtaining team can go 8 yrs on next contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad