Kevin Hayes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
As a UFA he is going to expect top dollar. Though acquiring him will not cost a team assets, it will add to the team's team salary relative to the salary cap. Likely at a high salary relative to what he should be paid.

Vancouver has some unused salary heading into camp. This will allow the Canucks the ability to grab a player off waivers or swing a trade with a team that after training camp, realize they have to shore up a position via trade.

It's already been pointed out that Hayes is redundant to the Canucks right now. No sense for Benning to use up salary space for a player who likely would not make this year's roster anyway.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I believe he can still only accept an entry-level contract no ? He'll likely want all the bonuses you can pile up on it though
So he'd still come relatively "cheap"

But I just don't see Van as a team for him, or him for us
He's a RW I believe
Where we already have...
Vrbata, Hansen, Kassian, Jensen, Burrows (though is likely easily able to switch to LW if need be)
I just don't see us as a team really pushing for him

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
As a UFA he is going to expect top dollar. Though acquiring him will not cost a team assets, it will add to the team's team salary relative to the salary cap. Likely at a high salary relative to what he should be paid.

he is required to sign an elc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad