Player Discussion Kevin Hayes Part III

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
No ways Hayes gets dealt. He's going to absolutely force their hand into keeping him.

I'm all in on the Hayes train and have been since day 1. If Zbad gets injured for an extended period of time and Hayes lives up to his word you're going to see Zbad get moved.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
No ways Hayes gets dealt. He's going to absolutely force their hand into keeping him.

I'm all in on the Hayes train and have been since day 1. If Zbad gets injured for an extended period of time and Hayes lives up to his word you're going to see Zbad get moved.
The better he plays, the more money he's going to be able to command, the more the Rangers wonder if this is really him or just contract-year him, and the more they'll be able to get for him in a trade. I think the better he plays to more likely he's gone.

Reactions: TheTakedown

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The better he plays, the more money he's going to be able to command, the more the Rangers wonder if this is really him or just contract-year him, and the more they'll be able to get for him in a trade. I think the better he plays to more likely he's gone.
He looked really good last year and has continued to improve since he broke in to the league imo, so it’s not a contract year thing, especially if he continues to build on last season’s success. His value might be too high for the brass to say no to a trade, but I don’t think it would be related to the team being worried he’ll regress after getting paid.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He looked really good last year and has continued to improve since he broke in to the league imo, so it’s not a contract year thing, especially if he continues to build on last season’s success. His value might be too high for the brass to say no to a trade, but I don’t think it would be related to the team being worried he’ll regress after getting paid.
Well he's looked good throughout his career and the team seems very unexcited about signing him to a long-term contract.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Good depth player, not a core piece to build around. Not sure why people want him locked up long term, he obviously wants to get paid like a UFA. Isn't paying the market price for UFA's bad thing? Or so I'm told around these parts. Hayes wasn't going to acept a team friendly 2-3 year deal.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
The common answer from both parties is this is a prove it to us deal. Take the next step. He's not playing for a contract. He's adamant that he's a Boston boy but he loves NYC. He doesn't want to leave. He wants to step up and be a leader. He understands the teams mentality. I had heard stories of Hayes and those boys since his first days in NYC being young and going out. He's clearly a good player and still improving. They want to see the next step before investing, both parties find that fair. Kevin is playing to earn a long term contract in NYC. Not anywhere else.

He won't price himself out of NY. He's going to, IMO, have a great season and prove his worth and then they will settle on a 5 or 6 year $30 or $36 mil contract with a NMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad