Injury Report: Kevin Hayes: fluid drained from adductor (Jan. 18); likely to play today (Mar. 5 upd.)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Yeah but what happened to Hayes do we actually know? Lol
Someone you most likely have on a special list has asked a question. Dont know you have him on the list.

I don't know if any people here have a medical background but is this type of injury that Hayes has, can it fully heal up or is it something that could affect him the rest of his career?

So maybe you can answer it, if not sry for stealing your time ;D

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Someone you most likely have on a special list has asked a question. Dont know you have him on the list.

So maybe you can answer it, if not sry for stealing your time ;D
No dawg I mean has there been an update? Other than taking fluid out of his hip? Am I missing something? Seems like the question is getting asked in the setting of some sort of specific update

Hips are fickle and concerning because they bear so much weight. There's fluid there because there's inflammation. The question to ask is what's the source of the inflammation? Is it a degenerative hip condition? Is it bone spurs? Is it a connective tissue problem? Is it a cartilage problem?

So yeah, it could certainly nag him for the rest of his career depending on what it is that's actually wrong but it could also not if it's taken care of by some means or another.

I know this answers everything and nothing but without actually knowing what the issue is there's really no way to tell other than speculating which is always meh to me

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Most of the time in medical things its difficult to get a 100% answer. So iam satisfied with your answer. Thx dawg (needed to google that word ^^)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Yeo says no satisfaction for Flyers from near-misses – FlyingFishHockey

>Hayes closer
Yeo revealed Hayes remains a possibility for a return on Saturday against Chicago.
“We’re going to have a chance as far as our next practice to put him on a line and see what he looks like,’’ Yeo said. “That’s the big thing here. There’s a big difference between being cleared to play and actually playing. There’s no better way to get into game shape than to play in games yourself. He’s a guy we would love to get back.’’​

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He hasn't exactly been rushed, they've done MRIs, seen numerous doctors, he's been skating for weeks.

At this point you'd almost prefer he either stay healthy, setting him up for next season, or get re-injured and make it easier for the doctors to identify what they need to fix - the worst outcome is shut him down, then have him start up this summer and have to get surgery in August.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Yeo says no satisfaction for Flyers from near-misses – FlyingFishHockey

>Hayes closer
Yeo revealed Hayes remains a possibility for a return on Saturday against Chicago.
“We’re going to have a chance as far as our next practice to put him on a line and see what he looks like,’’ Yeo said. “That’s the big thing here. There’s a big difference between being cleared to play and actually playing. There’s no better way to get into game shape than to play in games yourself. He’s a guy we would love to get back.’’​

Of course they want him back. They are paying him 7 million a year to steal money.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia

cdf8a212c20f235f3b4a283664ce0595.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"It's been a lot of ups and downs for me," Hayes said. "Tried playing, still didn't feel too good, tried coming back again, tried seeing a bunch of people, still never felt so good. Found out that I had a real bad infection in my groin that kind of spread through the whole upper leg on my left side. Got to a point where surgery was needed, we did that, waited for the infection to get out and waited for this lump that I had to settle down. Feel pretty good now.
"I don't think anyone can tell anyone that something's not going to happen. But the infection's gone, I've met with infectious disease people and they kind of cleared that whole part out. Said my blood's all clean, it's a lot smaller than what it was, so that's good.

"They did a little debridement, took out some stuff and I've been rehabbing since. You guys see me out there every day. Feel pretty good. It gets pretty repetitive when you skate by yourself every day. Unfortunately we had some injuries along the way and I got to skate with some guys, but I'm just excited to get back."

"We kind of did a final MRI that was going to kind of decide whether or not I was going to have a chance to play or probably lean toward getting surgery and sitting out and getting ready for next year. I didn't have really high hopes that it was going to be good news. We left, the trainer called me and got good news."

After 'real bad infection,' Hayes wants to get back on track with Flyers, fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad