Injury Report: Kevin Hayes: fluid drained from adductor (Jan. 18); likely to play today (Mar. 5 upd.)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

=================

Flyers center Kevin Hayes out 3-4 weeks after undergoing adductor procedure

“I think this was more, I would say, a doctor’s call, that something needed to be done,” interim coach Mike Yeo said. “But I shouldn’t get into specifics. But I think that will be something that Kevin can talk about. I think he’s supposed to be even at the game [Tuesday night], which is a good sign. But obviously, it’s a big loss for us.”

Yeo added that Hayes knew Monday that the procedure was scheduled to happen the following day, but he still wanted to go to Long Island to play in the Flyers’ first leg of a back-to-back against the New York Islanders. Although the timeline of Hayes’ recovery is three to four weeks, Yeo said Hayes could potentially return “even before that timeline says.”​

Last edited:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
What did the medical staff do to hurt his thigh?
Oh look it's you again.

When you have a core muscle injury, it affects everything. Your legs overcompensate the workload causing an imbalance. But you're right. I don't have the exact data to know what has happened this time, I just know that more than one player has come back from a key injury too early and f***ed it further, Going back over the last 10 years. So it couldn't possibly be the staff that are in charge of player welfare.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If this is a problem that's been building for a while and Hayes has been telling his trainers about it and it was allowed to go to this point then it's time to finally purge the training department from top to bottom. Hayes is a pro athlete. Presumably he must have realized anything feeling off in that region is a red flag following his offseason procedure. Who knew what, when?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh look it's you again.

When you have a core muscle injury, it affects everything. Your legs overcompensate the workload causing an imbalance. But you're right. I don't have the exact data to know what has happened this time, I just know that more than one player has come back from a key injury too early and f***ed it further, Going back over the last 10 years. So it couldn't possibly be the staff that are in charge of player welfare.

"Too early" assumes waiting weeks or months longer would have prevented further injury, and there's simply no way to know that's the case.

Surprised you're not blaming the medical stuff for Provorov's sucky season after you tried and failed to blame it on Braun. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad