Value of: Kevin Fiala

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I think at this point it's much more likely that the Wild find a way to re-sign Fiala and move other pieces to make it work with the cap. Dumba is probably gone. You just don't trade 25 year old superstars unless its absolutely unavoidable, which is not the case here.
What's the ask on Dumba? Given his contract status and injury historty.. a late first?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
What's the ask on Dumba? Given his contract status and injury historty.. a late first?
Organization values him highly, has lots of those coveted intangibles, so hard to say what he actually would go for, but a mid to late first would be fine with me.

Sunk cost fallacy but the organization has essentially sacrificed Scandella, Haula, Tuch, and Soucy in order to keep him around. His game has changed a lot over the years from pure offense and physicality to be much more of a two way and transition type of game, still does bring some physicality to the table too. He probably grades out as a low end number 2/high end number 3 currently and his game should age pretty well too. $6MM is right around fair value for him and I don’t think he gets much of a raise on his next deal without an offensive rebound, but he has become quite a well rounded player on the ice that any team would be happy to have.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d probably be fine with a 2nd. He’s a UFA in a year, though I guess ristolainen fetched 13OA in a similar spot.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cheaper + more physical play style. And if you can't sign him in 2023 then trade him to someone at the TDL? He's less talented yet still has 60 points in 67 games for a terrible Detroit team. I'd argue that Fiala isn't hitting 80 points in Detroit and that his production would be closer to 70ish points. And you could bank on Bertuzzi scoring more in Minnesota with better talent around him.
Who did Bertuzzi play with ? Larkin? Raymond? Cause Fiala was playing with victor Rask, Nick Bonino, Marcus Johansson, Nick Bjugstad, and worse, for the majority of his time in MN. The center he is playing with now, F. Gaudreau, was a 27 yo starting the season, with a NHL career of 18 pts. in 108 gp.

Since Boldy started playing with him, he is playing at a 1.5 Point/per game pace. 63 pts. in 44gp.

You can argue that MN held Fiala back( keeping him off the main PP till recently), and that sticking him with Raymond, and/or Larkin, would increase his output. Larkin would be by far the best Center he has ever played with, and Raymond is Boldy's equal, IMO, if not better.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Flip side, is there any short term cap dumps Minny would pay to get rid of to keep Fiala? Ducks have plenty of cap space and aren't going to be competitive next year.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Who knows, with guerin? Your namesake stated that it was unlikely that Guerin would re-sign Goligoski for another year a few days before he re-signed him to a two year deal.

Guerin is obsessed with "his guys", and the "dressing room", and "physicality".

I hope he doesn't f*** this up.
But the consensus was that it was handshake deal this summer for another two years. Of that's the case, BG can't back out of that for multiple reasons. He can't get Joe Smith'd

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe I missed this but what exactly is the ask on Fiala?

The Jackets would love to have him - if they can work out an extension I'd offer the CBJ 1st 2022 + Kirill Marchenko (an ELC talent that should be able to play on a scoring line immediately).

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Flip side, is there any short term cap dumps Minny would pay to get rid of to keep Fiala? Ducks have plenty of cap space and aren't going to be competitive next year.
Every single player on the team is currently significantly out performing their cap hit besides Talbot and Dumba who are at even value. The Wild have one of the best cap structures in the league if not for the Suter and Parise penalties. The Wild will be losing a good player this off-season no matter who it is.

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Every single player on the team is currently significantly out performing their cap hit besides Talbot and Dumba who are at even value. The Wild have one of the best cap structures in the league if not for the Suter and Parise penalties. The Wild will be losing a good player this off-season no matter who it is.

I kind of figured, I hadn't looked at the roster at the depth guys and their salary, but the big name guys seem to be playing well.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Wonder what's Fiala value now. I've seen some poster not too generous about Fiala telling he's a poison and since, I think he has like 2 or 3 points. The fil seems like a disaster. Situation looks bad in LA.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I don't miss his defensive mistakes though, but I suppose it's no worse than Zuccarello. Either way, Boldy is magic with JEE and Kaprizov now.
His defensive mistakes were completely overblown.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How do you make that work? Trade Spurgeon in the offseason?
If you’re asking do I make that move if I can? Absolutely. Fluery Goligoski gone , move on from any or all of Gudreau , Hartman , Zucc
Foligno Middleton etc. if it became available you make it happen. He was awesome here with this core.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If you’re asking do I make that move if I can? Absolutely. Fluery Goligoski gone , move on from any or all of Gudreau , Hartman , Zucc
Foligno Middleton etc. if it became available you make it happen. He was awesome here with this core.
So nothing realistic. Got it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What part of moving on from overpaid middling washed up players isn’t realistic? Buy out Zucc , buy out Spurgeon. Idgaf how you dream up getting it done. Just get it done
Okay Bill, let’s calm down with the buyouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad