Value of: Kevin Fiala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's hard to find any negatives right now with the Wild (other than their top two prospects are injured). However, Kevin Fiala is a bit snake bit in the goal category (3 goals) and there is hints that his relation with the Wild is a bit rocky. Hate to trade him when his value is so low, but he can play both sides of the ice and in the past was good for 20-30 goals. He does need a contract for next year, but he's an RFA.

Minnesota needs young players, draft picks.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can't see them trading Fiala before the offseason, especially in the middle of a scoring slump that he's bound to crawl out of with the way he's been playing.

This summer though, yeah, probably sold to the highest bidder because he needs a new contract that Minnesota can't/won't afford.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would hate to see him traded before he gets to play with Boldy. The guy is like a mini McDavid, minus all the goals and assists. Would hate to trade him, only to see him light it up on another team.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Can't see them trading Fiala before the offseason, especially in the middle of a scoring slump that he's bound to crawl out of with the way he's been playing.

This summer though, yeah, probably sold to the highest bidder because he needs a new contract that Minnesota can't/won't afford.

Agreed; but if he heats up at a certain time, teams may look at him at the deadline.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’d prefer to see Zucc traded and the team invest in Fiala as part of the future

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
As an upcoming 4th year RFA, Sam Reinhart is a pretty compelling comparable to me. A late or expected future late 1st and a B+ prospect should be waiting in the Summer, barring a terrible playoff performance. That makes him a cheap own rental for this season.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I imagine Anaheim would be interested in fiala over summer.

Anaheim has plenty of young talent… and prob willing to start selling pieces to add to the roster

depending where our 1st lands(obviously if this is done at the draft we’ll have a better idea), if it’s too 15 prob wouldn’t move it…. But if it’s after 15 I’d do something like

1st + lacombe/McLaughlin/colangelo
If it’s earlier 1st
2nd + perreault/Tracey/comtois

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Athanasiou+Madden+2nd

the 2nd will be a very high pick, Madden is a good prospect, Athanasiou is to create space and to help the wild fill in for losing Fiala

Reactions: apocalypse

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils would be all over this.
Only reason I can see the Wild trade him is if they are not wanting to pay what he will likely earn for his next contract and it will be hard to make a deal work with the Parise and Suter buyouts .
Devils offer anyone not named Hughes Mercer Nico Hamilton Holtz. Picks available as well.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Only reason I can see the Wild trade him is if they are not wanting to pay what he will likely earn for his next contract and it will be hard to make a deal work with the Parise and Suter buyouts .
Devils offer anyone not named Hughes Mercer Nico Hamilton Holtz. Picks available as well.

Sharangovich could be inetersting. Russian speaking young player with lethal shot, that could be pretty interesting in conjunction with Kaprizov's playmaking and creativity. I doubt, it would be just Sharangovich, though.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

Id be interested in a deal around Bahl and a 1st. Minnesota could use a guy like Bahl in the system

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I imagine Anaheim would be interested in fiala over summer.

Anaheim has plenty of young talent… and prob willing to start selling pieces to add to the roster

depending where our 1st lands(obviously if this is done at the draft we’ll have a better idea), if it’s too 15 prob wouldn’t move it…. But if it’s after 15 I’d do something like

1st + lacombe/McLaughlin/colangelo
If it’s earlier 1st
2nd + perreault/Tracey/comtois

Milano - Zegras - Fiala would be one tasty line, for sure.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Milano - Zegras - Fiala would be one tasty line, for sure.
Ya I think he would fit that line pretty nicely

Milano zegras fiala
Comtois getzlaf terry
Rakell Lundy silf

kinda how I picture the top 9, with mctavish getting ready to take over for getzlaf

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Id be interested in a deal around Bahl and a 1st. Minnesota could use a guy like Bahl in the system
Bahl has 0 goals and 2 assists in 18 AHL games this year. 7 total points, 1 G in 45 total AHL games. He’s barely a B- prospect. Looks like a D zone only player with a ceiling of “dime a dozen, bottom pair” NHL player.

that doesn’t get a Fiala. Bahl doesn’t get you much of anything but another team’s struggling former high-ish draft pick.

tankathon has NJD picking 11th as of today. Good pick. But add Fiala to the roster and that drops down to 15th OA or likely lower.

I think Minnesota asks for more. Unprotected, it’s still a long shot to end up top 10 for a guy you’d play on your first line.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Bahl has 0 goals and 2 assists in 18 AHL games. He’s barely a B- prospect. Looks like a guy with a ceiling of “dime a dozen, bottom pair” NHL player.

that doesn’t get a Fiala.
NJ first would be the main part of a deal like that though.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
NJ first would be the main part of a deal like that though.
A trade you make after the lottery drawing to see where it lands. If I’m Minnesota, I’d want it to 12 to take a non prospect like Bahl as the +.

he’s a career 10% shooter at 3% this year. Coming off two impressive seasons. An interesting buy low player if Minneapolis is dumb enough to deal him at this juncture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57special

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
tankathon has NJD picking 11th as of today. Good pick. But add Fiala to the roster and that drops down to 15th OA or likely lower.

A little unrelated but, I like the pick @11, that gives us a chance at David Jiricek, @ 15 I'd hope Fitz does what Gorton did to him and jumps in before DJ is taken, he's been trending up the charts lately. If not Ryan Chesley should be there @ 15

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We already have better LHD prospects in ROR, Lambos, Hunt, and possibly Peart. Don't see the need for Bahl, at all. He's not exactly burning it up in the AHL.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
We already have better LHD prospects in ROR, Lambos, Hunt, and possibly Peart. Don't see the need for Bahl, at all. He's not exactly burning it up in the AHL.

Meh the main piece is the 1st and Fiala isn’t going to command the king’s ransom we want. But I didn’t expect Bahl’s numbers to be so bad. Despite all those nice pieces on blueline, none of them are particularly big.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
A trade you make after the lottery drawing to see where it lands. If I’m Minnesota, I’d want it to 12 to take a non prospect like Bahl as the +.

he’s a career 10% shooter at 3% this year. Coming off two impressive seasons. An interesting buy low player if Minneapolis is dumb enough to deal him at this juncture.
The trade would be out of a need to save cap, not a desire to get rid of Fiala. I’m assuming he goes for futures at the draft or in July after they’ve used him to attempt a Cup run this year

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The trade would be out of a need to save cap, not a desire to get rid of Fiala. I’m assuming he goes for futures at the draft or in July after they’ve used him to attempt a Cup run this year
you’re probably correct on that. Any Fiala trades today are really jumping the gun. They are in first. They won’t be trading a top six forward and PP player for futures until this season has concluded for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad