Kevin Fiala, reborn (23 points in last 10 games)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
he and Pastrnak had the same trajectory at one point

tbh I thought he was going to be a bust after the first few games this season

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not exactly playing with prime-aged offensive dynamos either.
And for the large majority of his recent stretch, it could be argued that he hasn’t gotten all of the best opportunies. For example, tonight was the first time we really saw him in OT, and he looked incredible.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes, he looked dangerous in OT, and has been playing much better lately, but he still gives away the puck a lot. He is playing with Parise, who after an appalling start, has been scoring again, and Koivu, who takes all the defensive load so the boys can play. He could do worse.

I don't see that he has been the Wild's best forward, at all, unless you overvalue 3 v 3.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yes, he looked dangerous in OT, and has been playing much better lately, but he still gives away the puck a lot. He is playing with Parise, who after an appalling start, has been scoring again, and Koivu, who takes all the defensive load so the boys can play. He could do worse.

I don't see that he has been the Wild's best forward, at all, unless you overvalue 3 v 3.

Creative forwards do. We have enough dump-and-chasers, and our defense should be good enough fend off the odd 3v2.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He's fine as long as things go well but if he gets in a bit of a slump he starts pressing and turning the puck over a ton.

Glad he's doing well currently though.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ll just bump this since he’s at 22 points in his last 26. He’s a stud, and often isn’t getting the best offensive looks from BB.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’ll just bump this since he’s at 22 points in his last 26. He’s a stud, and often isn’t getting the best offensive looks from BB.

Take out the two games he was playing fourth line with Luke Johnson as his center and you're at 22 in 24.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
One of those trades where Minnesota is starting to look like the winner here when nobody really predicted that.

Still, it’s weird because A. I have no clue why Granlund sucks so much in Nashville. And B. I still think Minnesota could have probably gotten a better player than Fiala in return. He’s only 23 though so we’ll see what he becomes.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
One of those trades where Minnesota is starting to look like the winner here when nobody really predicted that.

Still, it’s weird because A. I have no clue why Granlund sucks so much in Nashville. And B. I still think Minnesota could have probably gotten a better player than Fiala in return. He’s only 23 though so we’ll see what he becomes.
The trade could have been better... yes... that said, it certainly is easier to live with today than it was a few months ago.

As for Granlund, I get the impression that 1, the Preds aren't playing to his strengths, and 2 - I think his confidence has taken a severe hit as well.

I think he will be a goldmine for whomever signs him at a bargain price in the offseason.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Man, this guy generates so many scoring chances with his speed and skill and wins puck battles with his tenacity. The Wild got a great value out of this trade now that he's become comfortable on this team. Glad he turned it around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad