Kevin Fiala, reborn (23 points in last 10 games)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Man, this guy generates so many scoring chances with his speed and skill and wins puck battles with his tenacity. The Wild got a great value out of this trade now that he's become comfortable on this team. Glad he turned it around.

Yeah, I only wish Boudreau would play him with other offensive guys. He's stuck carrying Parise and the corpse of Koivu around the ice.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Yeah, I only wish Boudreau would play him with other offensive guys. He's stuck carrying Parise and the corpse of Koivu around the ice.

I'd like to see what Greenway - Staal - Fiala looks like. Not sure of the chemistry between Greenway and Staal though and if that would work. Or even Fiala - Staal - Zucc.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I definitely was laughing at Minnesota when this trade happened and thought we got the better player.

My my my how the turns table, I miss Fiala a lot. T_T

Reactions: NNCbama

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I definitely was laughing at Minnesota when this trade happened and thought we got the better player.

My my my how the turns table, I miss Fiala a lot. T_T
It would have been interesting to see Fiala under a different coach, a more patient teaching approach taken with him. Alas. :(

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
It Still was an unbalanced trade at the time value-wise. If you're the Wild, you gotta get a 3rd-ish round pick added for a player like Granlund

His old boss knew Fenton coveted Fiala and got the better end of the deal.

*** Flash forward to today ***

I’m glad it turned out for the Wild and Fiala it seems. Shocked that Granlund is in such a slump points-wise. Maybe the Preds need to trade for Zucker and Staal?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He’s by far the most skilled player on the wild. If he wasn’t hitched to two of the slowest players in the league I think his production would be crazy. Seems like every game he could have at least 2 or 3 assists just from using his speed to get the puck to the net. His shot is good, but it seems like he doesn’t focus on aiming much and just tries to get it off. Puts it into the goalie way too often.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Has a lot of physical talent such as skating, puck handling. Also very good at puck battles for a moderate sized guy. Still makes a lot of giveaways, and brain dead plays.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
What happened to Donato? Haven't heard from him since his hot stretch after the trade last year. Is this a similar stretch from fiala or is he expected to continue on this scoring pace?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What happened to Donato? Haven't heard from him since his hot stretch after the trade last year. Is this a similar stretch from fiala or is he expected to continue on this scoring pace?
Donato’s streak never made sense. He has been up and down this year, but has played a decent amount of 4th line minutes when we’re healthy. He can score 20, but there’s a lot of flaws. Fiala is completely different.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's amazing how much faster players look when they are confident. Fiala isn't super fast in a straight line, but he has a terrific first couple of strides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad