Signing(s): Kevin Durant to the Warriors

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wow. Shocked. Was really hoping he'd stay in OKC...

I lost a lot of respect for LeBron when he jumped ship for an easier road... This is the same thing.... Still love his game but not nearly as big of a fan anymore.

This is worse IMO considering he's joining a team with 3 all stars / All-NBA players, just had the best regular season ever and is coming off two straight finals including a win.

Oh and leaving a Bonafide title contender.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
4 of the 12-15 best players in the game on the same team in a sport where it comes down to star power 99.9% of the time.

Curry, Durant and Green are the new LeBron, Wade and Bosh. But GSW has Klay too :laugh:

Jesus one ball for four legit stars, how's that gonna work exactly?

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Rest of the NBA right now....

caveman-spongebob.jpg

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Damnit the GSW bandwagon is already full!

Can't really blame him, SanFran is one of the best places to live, especially for a multi-millionaire.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Curry, Durant and Green are the new LeBron, Wade and Bosh. But GSW has Klay too :laugh:

Jesus one ball for four legit stars, how's that gonna work exactly?

Nobody is going to win scoring titles and they will have to take a hit stats-wise for the sake of winning. KD will prob have a "down year" but the goal is to take the load off Curry.

But man... You can't even double team anymore since they'll always have a star player open.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
So you must :rolleyes: every time Glen and Ray talk about the Warriors or openly cheer for them on A's telecasts :laugh:

They're literally A's brothers.

i've been a lakers fan for as long as i can remember and ever since that time until a couple years ago, the warriors were almost as irrelevant as the clippers. so when they finally started having some success there's no way i could hate on them

i was happy when they won last year and wanted them to win it all again this year. but with durant joining it's just a cheap way of winning. i hate on durant for his choice. joining a team that just set the regular seasons win record is a lot more cheap than what lebron did in 2010 in my opinion. but overall it just shows what a joke the NBA has become in the past 6 years. just imagine malone joining the late 90s bulls or duncan joining the 3 peat lakers

the league should just hand them the title now. if the 16-17 warriors don't win it all it will go down as the biggest disappointment in league history

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
i've been a lakers fan for as long as i can remember and ever since that time until a couple years ago, the warriors were almost as irrelevant as the clippers. so when they finally started having some success there's no way i could hate on them

i was happy when they won last year and wanted them to win it all again this year. but with durant joining it's just a cheap way of winning. i hate on durant for his choice. joining a team that just set the regular seasons win record is a lot more cheap than what lebron did in 2010 in my opinion. but overall it just shows what a joke the NBA has become in the past 6 years

the league should just hand them the title now. if the 16-17 warriors don't win it all it will go down as the biggest disappointment in league history

Yeah... what KD did is literally the equivalent of Luke Skywalker joining the dark side after he had his hand shopped off.

This is 1000* worse than what LeBron did. The Heat were a mediocre team before he joined... they had tons of expiring cap dumps and an expiring decomposing corpse of Jermaine O'Neal. They wouldn't have even been a contender just with prime Bosh. the Warriors, on the other hand... yeah.

Anyways, we now live in a timeline where LeBron is the hero. What a time to be alive.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah... what KD did is literally the equivalent of Luke Skywalker joining the dark side after he had his hand shopped off.

This is 1000* worse than what LeBron did. The Heat were a mediocre team before he joined... they had tons of expiring cap dumps and an expiring decomposing corpse of Jermaine O'Neal. They wouldn't have even been a contender just with prime Bosh. the Warriors, on the other hand... yeah.

Anyways, we now live in a timeline where LeBron is the hero. What a time to be alive.

What makes it worse than LeBron is the team LeBron left was straight trash without him while Durant left a legit title contender with good pieces themselves.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's all about markets and television ratings now and what is trendy and hip. And OKC was a market that didn't appeal to Durant. There was no loyalty with him, he said "Screw it I'm tired of being Messi'd around here I'm going to join a ****ing good team."
This has been going on time and time again in the NBA, from Boston engineering a coup to basically dominate the NBA for 2/3 years...to Miami constructing the Big 3, to Cleveland luring LBJ back and bringing Love aboard, to this. This sport is about superpowers. It's them and everyone else.
That's why there is no parity in this league. That's why I don't watch anymore.

Different situations;

The Celtic and Heat superteams were nowhere near as as super as this, and that's a scary thought.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Klay, Steph AND KD, are you ****ing kidding me?!? Warriors gonna average 150 points per game, give them the 2017 trophy already...

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm not mad at all I actually find it funny because now I can make NWO and other wrestling references all day today and throughout the year.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Woooooooow, gg rest of the league, and congrats on the 2017 title GS

Unreal, and good on KD to go where he best feels he can win; if he gets a ring out of this I'm sure he could care less about how it came to be/fans and writers *****ing about his 'weak' move

At the end of the day NBA stars get measured by championships, fair or not, and Durant gets that

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Gut shot for the city of OKC. Especially considering everything he's said the last 8 years have gone completely against his decision. OKC has to trade Westbrook now, can't lose two of the top 5-6 players in the league consecutive years with absolutely nothing in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad