Speculation: Kevin Dineen.... next head coach for Canes

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Step one was getting rid of Muller. Look for KD to be the next head coach.

If Dineen is the guy, why didn't he get hired today? Always easier on the GM to announce a new coach while firing the old one, instead of having to stand there and answer questions all day on why you fired three dudes. Dineen is available.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
It's going ot be a few more days art least, until Samuelson is available. He can't quit on the Rangers in the middle of the 2nd round of the playoffs. I really think he'll be hired, but most likely as an assistant.

I'm surprised Daniels didn't get canned today. That seems like the most likely next step...and start grooming someone down there, like Ulf, etc.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
If Dineen is the guy, why didn't he get hired today? Always easier on the GM to announce a new coach while firing the old one, instead of having to stand there and answer questions all day on why you fired three dudes. Dineen is available.

Maybe he wants to announce the entire coaching staff at the same time?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Maybe he wants to announce the entire coaching staff at the same time?

In which case maybe they're waiting until NYR get knocked out so they can extend an assistant position or the Charlotte job to Samuelsson? Also, anybody know where Barrasso has gone off to? Last I remember he went with Mo to Magnitogorsk, but what happened after that?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
In which case maybe they're waiting until NYR get knocked out so they can extend an assistant position or the Charlotte job to Samuelsson? Also, anybody know where Barrasso has gone off to? Last I remember he went with Mo to Magnitogorsk, but what happened after that?

He's in winterpeg with mo. Biggest reason I think ward is heading that way, he had his best seasons under the chairman mo/barrasso regime

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

Don't forget Stevens in LA.

BeachHockey

May 5, 2014
Check out this article about Dineen.
Here is my favorite paragraph:
Dineen is an assertive coach, and it was evident that wasn’t going to change with the Canadian women. He shocked the hockey world by effectively stripping star forward Hayley Wickenheiser of the captaincy, handing it to three-time gold medalist Caroline Ouellette. “I guess I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt,” said Wickenheiser, the team’s all-time leader in games, goals and assists.

Sounds like KD is someone who would be a perfect remedy for E Stall.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Check out this article about Dineen.
Here is my favorite paragraph:
Dineen is an assertive coach, and it was evident that wasn’t going to change with the Canadian women. He shocked the hockey world by effectively stripping star forward Hayley Wickenheiser of the captaincy, handing it to three-time gold medalist Caroline Ouellette. “I guess I’d be lying if I said it didn’t hurt,†said Wickenheiser, the team’s all-time leader in games, goals and assists.

Sounds like KD is someone who would be a perfect remedy for E Stall.

Who?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
He's in winterpeg with mo. Biggest reason I think ward is heading that way, he had his best seasons under the chairman mo/barrasso regime

I don't think he is, Dave. I just checked Winnipeg's page (yes, I actually gave them a hit on their page. I still feel dirty) and he's not listed on their hockey operations staff at all, not even as a scout.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
If Francis is comfortable hiring Ulf, I hope he's comfortable firing him as well and we don't end up with a JR/Mo scenario part two...three...whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00