Confirmed with Link: Kevin Connauton claimed off waivers

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I agree with most of what's being said here, my only "worry" is that hes gonna get beat out by Goloubef and possibly Paliotta.

That could happen, but that's not really a concern of mine. The best players should play - I think Cotton can contribute this year & since we didn't add anyone except Paliotta & the other guy that is an AHLer Bodnarchuk(?) our existing blue line needs to develop and we need full seasons from JMFJ, Murray, Toots & Savard. If the top 4 can eat minutes, Golo, Prout, Cotton and Paliotta can help pick up ten minutes and some specialty time.

The question I have is why a guy like Cotton has not had any PP time to speak of in his career.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just feel like if the defense wants to take that next step one of those guys needs to lock down that last spot. Yeah its nice having 3 or 4 guys who can rotate in, but one of them needs to step it up. It allows more reps and allows players to have better chemistry with each other.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I just feel like if the defense wants to take that next step one of those guys needs to lock down that last spot. Yeah its nice having 3 or 4 guys who can rotate in, but one of them needs to step it up. It allows more reps and allows players to have better chemistry with each other.

The way Savard stepped up last season makes me optimistic that maybe someone else can have a similar cementing of himself as an NHL player. Namely Goloubef.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015

I have a feeling that Bodnarchuk was brought in to be more than an AHL depth player.
May surprise a few people at what he brings to the table.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I have a feeling that Bodnarchuk was brought in to be more than an AHL depth player.
May surprise a few people at what he brings to the table.

I hope your right. But as of now we have a lot of Dmen who are going to be pushing to a spot in the top 6 over the next 3 years.

Werenski, Paliotta, Heatherington, Madaisky, Carlsson and possibly Collins and Bodnarchuk. Not to mention Goloubef, Prout and Connauton already fighting for a spot.

Only realistic player who I could see not on the roster within a few years is Tyutin. Basically two spots up for grabs (if we sign Ehrhoff to a short term deal) if Ehrhoff doesn't sign I wouldn't be suprised to see someone like Goloubef lock his roster spot down leaving Connauton/Prout and Paliotta to fight for a spot this season.

Murray-Savard
Johnson-Goloubef
Heatherington-Werenski

Some of these guys are gonna have to be moved because they just won't get a fair look to make the team. Which is a good problem for the jackets as competition always brings out the best.

Last edited:

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
I hope your right. But as of now we have a lot of Dmen who are going to be pushing to a spot in the top 6 over the next 3 years.

Werenski, Paliotta, Heatherington, Madaisky, Carlsson and possibly Collins and Bodnarchuk. Not to mention Goloubef, Prout and Connauton already fighting for a spot.

Only realistic player who I could see not on the roster within a few years is Tyutin. Basically two spots up for grabs (if we sign Ehrhoff to a short term deal) if Ehrhoff doesn't sign I wouldn't be suprised to see someone like Goloubef lock his roster spot down leaving Connauton/Prout and Paliotta to fight for a spot this season.

Murray-Savard
Johnson-Werenski?!
Carlsson-Heatherington

Some of these guys are gonna have to be moved because they just won't get a fair look to make the team. Which is a good problem for the jackets as competition always brings out the best.

Agree totally
great position for the team to be in , nice mix of solid D , younger D Men wanting a spot and a seasoned AHL'er wanting a shot he feels he deserves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad