Kessel's chances for the Rocket Richard?

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
Kessel is 1 goal away from being 2nd in the NHL in goal scoring (too bad he didn't score that empty netter tonight!)

What are the chances he finishes 1st? We know how streaky he is, and with the Caps on decline, Ovechkin might slow down.

Right now the stats are:

1. Ovechkin - 36
2. Perry - 28
3. Pavelski - 28
4. Kessel - 27
5. Crosby - 27

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
I think OV has it locked up. He already got his 37th and 38th tonight. He should have 40 by the end of the month. I'm not so sure Kessel will have 40 by the end of the year.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Unless Ovechkin goes down for the season, then probably no chance

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
OV's running away with it

You can pretty much edit his wiki page and add another Rocket Richard to his name. It's January and he almost has 40 goals.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Zero chance. Kessel is too streaky and the Olympics will probably burn him out.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Ovi would have to get injured for majority of the season for Kessel to have any chance, otherwise it's already has Ovechkin's name on it.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Ovie's health is catching up to him...he's missing a lot of games.

Than again, he's scoring at a ridiculous rate.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Crosby/Perry/Kessel/Pavelski I don't think will pass 40 goals, Ovie will likely pass 40 goals in the next week or two. No chance.

I believe all of those will pass the 40 goal mark this season. They will likely finish with something between 42 and 50. Crosby - Pavelski - Perry - Kessel in that order descending.

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
I believe all of those will pass the 40 goal mark this season. They will likely finish with something between 42 and 50. Crosby - Pavelski - Perry - Kessel in that order descending.

Pavelski is definitely the weakest of that group. Personally, I could see Kessel finishing 2nd in the NHL scoring race beating all those guys.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
If Ovechkin gets a season ending injury and I hope he doesn't. Kessel will have as good of a chance as the other top scorers. If Kessel can go on a big streak of scoring goals lik Ov did at the start of the year like did what Steen did before his injury Kessel could steal it so im gonna go out on a limb and say Kessel has 6.9% chance

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Ovie's health is catching up to him...he's missing a lot of games.

Than again, he's scoring at a ridiculous rate.

alex-ovechkin-mr-big.jpg

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Pavelski is definitely the weakest of that group. Personally, I could see Kessel finishing 2nd in the NHL scoring race beating all those guys.

Pavelski and Perry have Jumbo Joe and Ryan Getzlav on their lines setting them up.

I don't disagree that Kessel is arguably the better of that group, but the drop off from Thornton/Marleau and Getzlav to Bozak/JvR is not ignorable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad