Kessel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jallu said:
Is Kessel going to be in 2005 draft? And has he already committed to some university?
Thanks !

His draft year is 2006 where he's a frontrunner for 1st overall. He's narrowed his college choices to six teams, with Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin being the favorites to land his services. He's a good one.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
His draft year is 2006 where he's a frontrunner for 1st overall. He's narrowed his college choices to six teams, with Minnesota, Michigan, and Wisconsin being the favorites to land his services. He's a good one.
Don't be so sure he's that high. I predict he will be the next Jimmy Carson. He is EXTREMELY soft and when the masks come off it's a new game.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
Don't be so sure he's that high. I predict he will be the next Jimmy Carson. He is EXTREMELY soft and when the masks come off it's a new game.

Jimmy Carson with the Kings/Oilers or Jimmy Carson who flamed out of the NHL? Whatever the case, he's a slightly built kid (right now) who plays a finesse game. I don't think it's a shock if he avoids the rough stuff, although I havn't heard that criticism of that part of his game before.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Hab Fan said:

That's an interesting theory (Kessel being soft).

And are you talking about the Jimmy Carson that scored 50 goals with LA and more than 100 points twice? The same one who scored 20 or more goals seven times and had over 561 points in 626 career games? A bit a strange comparison when you're trying to infer someone will not be successful...

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Dr.Sens(e) said:
That's an interesting theory (Kessel being soft).

And are you talking about the Jimmy Carson that scored 50 goals with LA and more than 100 points twice? The same one who scored 20 or more goals seven times and had over 561 points in 626 career games? A bit a strange comparison when you're trying to infer someone will not be successful...
Obviously the one who flamed out. He is soft and will shy away, if youve seen him play you would know. The kid can fly and does score, no question, but I've seen him disapear in tough , physical games. This is just one opinion. I do hope the best for him or any player, but I call it as I see it. The Mueller kid will end up a better pro hands down, mark my words.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
Obviously the one who flamed out. He is soft and will shy away, if youve seen him play you would know. The kid can fly and does score, no question, but I've seen him disapear in tough , physical games. This is just one opinion. I do hope the best for him or any player, but I call it as I see it. The Mueller kid will end up a better pro hands down, mark my words.

IMO, it's pretty tough to label a kid the way you're doing so early in his career. He hasn't even played in the NCAA yet! You might very well be right when it's all said and done, but that won't be proven for several years.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Whatever the case, he's a slightly built kid (right now) who plays a finesse game. I don't think it's a shock if he avoids the rough stuff, although I havn't heard that criticism of that part of his game before.
He's listed at 6-0, 185 lbs now. Not the slight 5-10, 160 lbs kid he was before.

In the team USA u-20 evaluation camp he didn't appear soft at all, and this was against bigger/tougher/older competition. He was always right in the mix of things around the net, taking hits to make plays.

If there was gonna be any time for him to play soft, it would've been then, I'd think. But he didn't.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
Hab Fan said:

yep, cause all 16(or 17, not sure his age) just go around beating the crap out of older more developed college and foreign competition. give me a freakin break. let the kid physically mature and play against his age level, and then see what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad