News Article: Kessel May Take Gary Roberts' Fitness Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
So no issues.

Either it gives him a bit more value since he's turning things around or they can just keep him because he's turning things around. At the very least if he's doing all this then there is reason with the lacking offers to keep him around for a year and see what happens.

Keep working to move guys like Phaneuf though.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Roberts works for the Pens. Hmmm...

Lol - I didn't think about that angle!

I wish Phil the best. He is an amazing talent - if this plus Babs influence could turn him into a puck possession 2-way machine - imagine the benefits.

I'm reaching I know.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
So no issues.

Either it gives him a bit more value since he's turning things around or they can just keep him because he's turning things around. At the very least if he's doing all this then there is reason with the lacking offers to keep him around for a year and see what happens.

Keep working to move guys like Phaneuf though.

Phaneuf's value is too low. Gotta keep him, at least till the trade deadline.

No one is coming even close to his value right now.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Motivated Kessel is untouchable in my books. These trade offers better be good.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Lol - I didn't think about that angle!

I wish Phil the best. He is an amazing talent - if this plus Babs influence could turn him into a puck possession 2-way machine - imagine the benefits.

I'm reaching I know.

Would you rather Phil regress into a 2 nd line two-way forward or just have a hard working elite sniper?

I mean really, you can't win wiht a team of Bergerons. :shakehead

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
I... I think we should keep him for another year now. Get rid of Phaneuf and keep Kessel. I mean seriously, Kessel, Kadri, JVR, Marner, Nylander is a great core of forwards going forward. Kessel actually training and improving his nutrition in the offseason can only mean good things. I'm impressed Phil is actually going for it. He could have a career year if he really sticks to it.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I am pretty sure this is an organization mandated move by Shanny and company.

They know that with Babcock being here now that if he's still here come September they don't want him dragging his ass.

Kessel knows he can't come into camp in the same shape he was last September.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Whatever. Leafs should still be looking for the best deal possible. If they can't find one then wait to trade him till a package is up to standard. My stance hasn't changed.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
If leafs can't get a good return for Kessel I would welcome him back, provided that he trained his ass off during the summer. Still want Bozak and Lupul gone.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Kessel starts fast and maintains his play with better fitness the entire 82 game schedule, and doesn't fade like is his norm. How will he be perceived here I wonder if he has a career year next year? Playing a high level of hockey from game 1 to 82.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Would you rather Phil regress into a 2 nd line two-way forward or just have a hard working elite sniper?

Twelve Bergerons and league average defense/goaltending would dominate any team in this league.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Whatever. Leafs should still be looking for the best deal possible. If they can't find one then wait to trade him till a package is up to standard. My stance hasn't changed.

Nor should it until there's any kinda of extended evidence he has taken a more serious and professional approach to training and playing responsible hockey.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I'd rather have a Zach Parise Kessel.
The current edition can leave.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Twelve Bergerons and league average defense/goaltending would dominate any team in this league.

12 players who played like Bergeron would not dominate, I'm assuming you mean Bergeron skill level gets scaled down the lower you go. So a fourth line player with his strengths and weaknesses would still be a 4th line player.

Otherwise you're looking at a forward group that costs 90 million alone and yeah that would certainly give you a hideous edge in a cap world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad