Kessel gave christmas gift to a fan

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Phil is a class act. Its a shame he had to be in Toronto during a fairly dark spot in our history, and the scum that makes up half of the TO media chose him to be the sacrificial lamb.

I have nothing but joy that he found success in Pittsburgh.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Phil is the man! :) can't believe the Toronto media treated this man the way they did. He's a fan favorite and absolutely loved here in Pittsburgh.
I agree with the Toronto media piece, but it's funny because fans of other teams absolutely slammed Kessel all the time, called him fat, one dimensional etc., and now everyone loves him.

Either way, most Leafs fans still love Phil and are happy he has been successful with the Pens.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The Phil is amazing.

He's an odd duck that's miscast as a team leader, but he's a good guy and an incredible hockey player. Toronto media, shame on you.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I agree with the Toronto media piece, but it's funny because fans of other teams absolutely slammed Kessel all the time, called him fat, one dimensional etc., and now everyone loves him.

Either way, most Leafs fans still love Phil and are happy he has been successful with the Pens.

That's because Leafs fans greatly overate their players. I liked Matthews until near the end of last season when Leafs fans started saying he was comparable to Crosby/McDavid/Malkin after putting up 69 points. Ever since then, I've been voting against him in every poll regardless of who he's up against. I did the same with Kessel until he was traded to the Penguins.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's because Leafs fans greatly overate their players. I liked Matthews until near the end of last season when Leafs fans started saying he was comparable to Crosby/McDavid/Malkin after putting up 69 points. Ever since then, I've been voting against him in every poll regardless of who he's up against. I did the same with Kessel until he was traded to the Penguins.
Wow. :eek:

I would never allow this place to influence me even slightly. :laugh:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Phil is the man! :) can't believe the Toronto media treated this man the way they did. He's a fan favorite and absolutely loved here in Pittsburgh.

Toronto always needs a scapegoat, and Dion Phaneuf just wouldn't let anyone put that tag on him.

That really left Kessel, as the guy who always went out and talked to the media, as the face of those failing teams. Very harsh and extremely unfair.

It's great to see him doing great and looking happy elsewhere. He deserves it.

Marner

Hi I'm Mitch
Jan 30, 2010
Ottawa
The media was all over him because our gm paid the moon for him and in turn it created a lot of pressure and scrutiny directly on Phil

Such a unique skill set and one of my fave players to watch.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
he clashes with the media as he can be a bit standoffoish. I assure that's not the general sentiment towards him from fans. there would be articles about gowbge would come to camo out of shape and then he would be off the charts in fitness tests (for tgosebthat followed the team closely). there were articles knocking phaneuf and they interviewed kessel, he got mad at them and defended phaneuf. they of course vilified him for standing up for his teammate.

trading him was what was best for the team. but he always struck me as such a great guy and I think it's fantastic he's having so much success. he deserves it.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
like sens fans with karlsson.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I don't think Leafs fans overrated Kessel at all. We all knew what he was and what his faults were, but that doesn't change the fact that he was absolutely shit on by other fanbases.

And for the record, every single fanbase overrates their players. [mod] Perhaps you shouldn't take this place so seriously to the point that it alters your actual perception of players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
The sad thing is that when he will retiers, Toronto media will be still there and other generations will know Phil as worst person ever lived :help:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The sad thing is that when he will retiers, Toronto media will be still there and other generations will know Phil as worst person ever lived :help:
Except for the fact that Leafs fans love Phil, and he still has a presence in the city?

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
Except for the fact that Leafs fans love Phil, and he still has a presence in the city?
I know it ( Many of fans loved him but boos on his first start at ACC after the trade was very lame from many of them ). The comment is just against your/Toronto stupid media (especially Simmons).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad