TSN: Kerry Fraser exposes Gallagher

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Marchand has never had a sequence like that embarrassment at the end of the Jets game.

Agreed. Marchand will embellish now and then, as many players will if they see a chance, but that act by Gallagher was like something out of Laurel and Hardy.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Marchand has never had a sequence like that embarrassment at the end of the Jets game.

Anytime Marchand goes down I assume he's diving. If I were a referee I'd have a hard time calling any infraction on him. He may not have had a sequence like Gallagher but he's a notorious diver.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Anytime Marchand goes down I assume he's diving. If I were a referee I'd have a hard time calling any infraction on him. He may not have had a sequence like Gallagher but he's a notorious diver.

Not really, not this year anyway. In the past, perhaps. He does have a tendency to crash a lot because of his kamikaze style.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Gallagher is like what Marchand would be if he had been drafted by the Habs. Marchand is a rat, but I think Julien and his teammates keep him from going too over the top with that stuff. In Hab-land though, he would take his antics and turn them up to 11 and the entire city would praise him for it.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
Is it just me or is the ball of hate starting to get this academy awards stuff don't work in the long run. I think I'm seeing some strides.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Not really, not this year anyway. In the past, perhaps. He does have a tendency to crash a lot because of his kamikaze style.

C'mon, I love him, but he's a diver. :laugh: Honestly, it benefits his game. You see how many people on this board are mad at him and hate his guts because of it? That means he's earning his money.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I like Gallagher. He reminds me of Marchand right down to the embellishing and diving.

I hate Gallagher. He reminds me of Marchand's embellishment & diving.:laugh:

Though Marchy has been a lot better behaved this year (outside of some wonderful trolling of the Canucks). It's probably a good idea for him to back down on the embellishment -- he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

With Habs players, I feel free to hate them for their misbehaving. And seeing Gallagher get his butt kicked was pure comedy gold!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

He's not really. He dives more than any Bruin but far less now than in his first two years. It's really mostly an agenda pushed by rival fans that gives him such a bad rep nowadays. Yes, though, he does dive still.
He just isn't as bad as Subban, Gallagher, and a few other Habs for sure.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Gallagher is like what Marchand would be if he had been drafted by the Habs. Marchand is a rat, but I think Julien and his teammates keep him from going too over the top with that stuff. In Hab-land though, he would take his antics and turn them up to 11 and the entire city would praise him for it.

Absolutely. I can't begin to imagine how bad Marchand would cross the line and how much more often if he played for Vancouver/Montreal/Buffalo etc.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
C'mon, I love him, but he's a diver. :laugh: Honestly, it benefits his game. You see how many people on this board are mad at him and hate his guts because of it? That means he's earning his money.

On one shift he gets crosschecked three times, one of them right into the boards from 2 feet... no call. On the next he trolls the opponents when they try to go on a change and we get scored on... and the next one he embellishes and gets called or at least doesn't get a call in his favour. He successfully embellishes forth a call in his favour something like a fourth as often as his opponents get non-calls against him... but he also gets away with some stuff slightly more often than the average player unless it's really blatant (at least this year). That's still a net loss, and I'm fine with that as long as it keeps him in the mode that he thrives in. Bruins fans seem to acknowledge this a lot more, though; instead of whinging about the refs, we usually bemoan the fact that he's garnered that reputation, and if anything whinge at him when he takes stupid penalties. Don't expect anything different from the Habs than what we're seeing, though... Seen maybe two fans, tops, call out Subban when he does stupid **** and doesn't get called for it.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Had to stop reading it once I got to this part so I could come here and quote it:

Once a referee suspects a player is guilty of embellishing he does not want to be fooled into calling a weak penalty as a result of any theatrical performance.

HERE'S A NOVEL CONCEPT; CALL THE ****ING DIVE. (and ONLY the dive)

Why in the hell do refs not do this? I don't get it.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Well, apparently I'm not the only person here noting he's not as bad as he has been in the past. And honestly, opponents get away with a lot against him, as Julien has noted. He's a target, but that's OK, he knows it's part of the price he has to pay for being a PITA.

And it does appear that Julien (and his teammates) will yank on Marchand's leash when they believe he's going over the top. As they've said, there's good brat and bad brat, and they don't want the latter.

If he did what Gallagher did, he'd be crucified, no doubt. I haven't seen him pull a stunt like that.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

There was a sequence of games last year or the year before where Marchand was a dive machine. Seems to me the msg got through to him that just wasn't going to fly on this team.

Marchand gets knocked on his ass more than probably any player in the NHL. The kid is what? 5'8" 5'9"??? Give him some credit for going into areas of the ice he has no business being in due to his size.

If Seguin played w/ half the sack, he's still a Bruin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad